Register Now
StaceyPowers

What existing video game series do you think will still be around in 50 years?

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That got me wondering what GTA 10 would look like. They can't keep making games from the same American cities. The series had a little niche to work with in previous games, but now options become limited if they don't branch out to other cities of the world. But if they want to keep comedy and stereotypes, America is fertile land of the making fun of and all the idiotisms. 

Their developers creativity is seriously going to be called into question as time goes by. It's true what you said about them needed to branch out to some other cities and not bore the game. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

Well, that's if Rockstar don't end up screwing it up before it even gets to GTA 10. They almost did with the GTA trilogy and it's something that can happen again. 

A lot GTA fans become pessimistic after seeing what they did with GTA trilogy and you can't really blame them for feeling like that. 

12 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That got me wondering what GTA 10 would look like. They can't keep making games from the same American cities. The series had a little niche to work with in previous games, but now options become limited if they don't branch out to other cities of the world. But if they want to keep comedy and stereotypes, America is fertile land of the making fun of and all the idiotisms. 

Seriously, I really doubt if they can keep up with the level that GTA 5 was before it gets to GTA 10. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

A lot GTA fans become pessimistic after seeing what they did with GTA trilogy and you can't really blame them for feeling like that. 

Seriously, I really doubt if they can keep up with the level that GTA 5 was before it gets to GTA 10. 

Well, I believe that they have two shots at redeeming their glory with GTA 4 remastered and their upcoming GTA 6. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

GTA 5 is a pedestal. GTA 10 would have to be VR on an acid trip. 

On 1/27/2022 at 8:24 AM, Heatman said:

Just look at the time frames they make the games. With Gran Turismo 6 being released since 2013 and the Gran Turismo 7 to be released 2022, the game would still be a big hit till the next 25 years.

Nearly a decade time for them to consider another edition of the game. That's why any of their release is super, I simply love their series. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Nearly a decade time for them to consider another edition of the game. That's why any of their release is super, I simply love their series. 

Yeah, that's one thing about gaming companies that don't like to rush their games. They are never in the habit of releasing every year on the same game like FIFA does. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, that's one thing about gaming companies that don't like to rush their games. They are never in the habit of releasing every year on the same game like FIFA does. 

FIFA's type is a must annually, and what they are releasing is literally same game all year their is nothing differentiating it from it's previous give years edition. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

I would also say Call of Duty, but I think with MS buying them, that the series will slow down and go away eventually. I don't see it being around another 50 years. Fatigue will eventually get to us. 

In the next 50 years for sure I'll be old, but if nature permits I'll see those days. I wouldn't be too old, I'll be happy to see the kind video game companies that will last till then. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

FIFA's type is a must annually, and what they are releasing is literally same game all year their is nothing differentiating it from it's previous give years edition. 

Seriously, that's what gets frustrating for me with playing FIFA games. Because it's always too rushed to come out each, they don't get excellent with its making. 

On 1/29/2022 at 8:58 PM, Kane99 said:

I would also say Call of Duty, but I think with MS buying them, that the series will slow down and go away eventually. I don't see it being around another 50 years. Fatigue will eventually get to us. 

If they don't adjust how they make the Call of Duty series, it's definitely going to come down crashing like what's happening with Battlefield games. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

If they don't adjust how they make the Call of Duty series, it's definitely going to come down crashing like what's happening with Battlefield games. 

Seriously, what's been happening with Battlefield series especially with what transpired in the Battlefield 2042 still have me in shock. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, what's been happening with Battlefield series especially with what transpired in the Battlefield 2042 still have me in shock. 

At least Microsoft have purchased Activision Blizzard, so I believe a lot of changes is going to come up in Call of Duty Vanguard. As for EA and Battlefield 2042, I don't know it's faith.