Register Now
Kane99

Will most future game support cross play?

I'm so happy to see that more and more games are supporting cross play. This not only brings gamers together, but it also helps sell consoles, because it shows that you can game with anyone. But, not all games are cross play, and some will never be. Do you hope that all future games support crossplay? As long as we can turn it on or off, I think it should be something all online games offer. What do you guys think? 

Will crossplay be a feature in all future online games? A feature that you can just turn on or off like how most games seem to be doing it nowadays. 

As much as I wish more games had this, it’s not hugely important to most developers afaik. Also I think most console players would be disappointed if they were getting invaded by PC cheaters.

Now that I think of it, I kind of want to experience Elden Ring on console to avoid the cheaters. I never had a good experience with invasions ever since I switched to PC back in Dark Souls 2 days but I remember invading on my buddies PS3 and I found myself having more successful invasions than I did on PC.

20 hours ago, Empire said:

As much as I wish more games had this, it’s not hugely important to most developers afaik. Also I think most console players would be disappointed if they were getting invaded by PC cheaters.

Now that I think of it, I kind of want to experience Elden Ring on console to avoid the cheaters. I never had a good experience with invasions ever since I switched to PC back in Dark Souls 2 days but I remember invading on my buddies PS3 and I found myself having more successful invasions than I did on PC.

I keep wondering why the cheat rate in PC games keeps getting worse by the day. It's like something that they can't really do without. 

On 5/5/2022 at 11:45 AM, Empire said:

PC gamers will always behave as such. It's only logical that they do what they are known for best to the expense of console gamers. 

On 5/6/2022 at 8:37 AM, Boblee said:

I keep wondering why the cheat rate in PC games keeps getting worse by the day. It's like something that they can't really do without. 

They even allow other pople to make those cheat software to work with the game. They do not even care as long as they sold so much X copy of games. Look at GTA online LOL

I think it will. More games seem to be going down the cross-play route now especially with Sony being less strict regarding it. I think FIFA is experimenting with cross-play with the game modes except for Ultimate Team so hopefully we will see that later this year when FIFA 23 releases.

4 hours ago, Empire said:

They even allow other pople to make those cheat software to work with the game. They do not even care as long as they sold so much X copy of games. Look at GTA online LOL

That's probably the most annoying thing about the game GTA online and it's why I didn't bother about getting into playing the game. 

4 hours ago, Darth said:

I think it will. More games seem to be going down the cross-play route now especially with Sony being less strict regarding it. I think FIFA is experimenting with cross-play with the game modes except for Ultimate Team so hopefully we will see that later this year when FIFA 23 releases.

I read that about what they are planning for FIFA 23 release. I'm not sure if it's going to do the game more harm than good being that FIFA series have been shit lately. 

On 5/7/2022 at 12:17 PM, Empire said:

It have always been about the money for them, and it's why their marketing strategies is set at selling of the game more.