Register Now
Kane99

Do you think Nintendo will release PC games?

With their recent attempts to jump into mobile games, I can see them trying to jump somewhat into the PC game. Now I don't think they would port every game over to PC, but I could see maybe a PC side of Nintendo one day, where some of their games release on PC. We already see Sony releasing some of their games via PC, so it's not far from reality. And with Nintendo already jumping to mobile, the idea of PC gaming sounds quote possible. 

Do you think Nintendo will support PC gaming as an option in the future? Or will most or all of their games stay on consoles? 

Nintendo is too selfish with their games. They may give a game or two a shot, but they will never actually release a game on PC. Just look at Mario Paint. They would never give Microsoft, and in thus Xbox, any kind of access to their games. They are misers when it comes to that shit. Ebenezer Scrooge was a philanthropist compared to Nintendo. It's just not going to happen. I know they tried it in the past with Zelda, and that went so horrible that it could possibly have destroyed the entire Zelda franchise if enough people had played those games. Especially if it was the first Zelda games they had ever played.

9 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Nintendo is too selfish with their games. They may give a game or two a shot, but they will never actually release a game on PC. Just look at Mario Paint. They would never give Microsoft, and in thus Xbox, any kind of access to their games. They are misers when it comes to that shit. Ebenezer Scrooge was a philanthropist compared to Nintendo. It's just not going to happen. I know they tried it in the past with Zelda, and that went so horrible that it could possibly have destroyed the entire Zelda franchise if enough people had played those games. Especially if it was the first Zelda games they had ever played.

Oh yeah, the Zelda games that came out for that Panasonic console was laughable. I've never played it, but I hear they were awful. But yeah, I figure Nintendo won't ever support the PC side of things. I'm still surprised they supported mobile games. 

But, who knows in the next 5-10 years or more. Maybe one day minds will change and they will consider it. 

PC game market is down as compare to mobile. today mobile market is on boom due to high internet speed after jio in india. So every gaming company first try to mobile game after that they go on pc to increase their audience. Toady nintendo have the condition to launch their PC version to catch PC customer.   

On 12/6/2021 at 8:55 PM, The Blackangel said:

I totally agree - they'll never release a PC game because their own platform has to make all the money. If people so much as throw a Nintendo party, you run the risk of being sued by Nintendo.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Just recently Nintendo has been taking down youtube videos related to emulation of nintendo games on the steam deck, apparently some users have been able to run switch games on it.

Nintendo is known for doing that. But to be fair, they have the legal right to do so. If these YouTubers make it apparent that it is via emulation, they may not like that. 

40 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I am not a Nintendo fan, it will be good for them if they can develop their own PC brand, like Microsoft did. 

It would be cool yes but I dont think that is going to happen anytime soon, that will mean that they would have to compete in a bigger market. And right now they dont really have a competitor as a handheld console. Well not until recently since the steam has just release, we will have to wait and see how that unfolds.

36 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Nintendo is known for doing that. But to be fair, they have the legal right to do so. If these YouTubers make it apparent that it is via emulation, they may not like that. 

Oh yeah they do, I mean Im not saying its legal or okay, but how could would it be if we can just play switch games on a pc in this case the steam deck

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

It would be cool yes but I dont think that is going to happen anytime soon, that will mean that they would have to compete in a bigger market. And right now they dont really have a competitor as a handheld console. Well not until recently since the steam has just release, we will have to wait and see how that unfolds.

Yes, I think no competition with Nintendo device as a handheld console. It is better to focus more there. But their is always an option to expand, seeing them embracing the PC industry will feel wonderful too. 

On 3/4/2022 at 1:06 PM, Justin11 said:

I am not a Nintendo fan, it will be good for them if they can develop their own PC brand, like Microsoft did. 

After Microsoft entered the gaming world, their PC sales weren't hurt at all. Obviously they were a PC company first, owning both DOS and Windows. But I don't think Nintendo making any kind of PC would be a good idea. They don't need to branch out into that market. If they did, then unless their PC's were completely unique they would have to run on Microsoft systems as well, so Xbox would profit off it's competition. Or they would have to run on a Mac, which would severely limit the consumer base that would even be able to play the games. It would cost them more than it would profit them. And if they did come up with a PC, they would have to come up with an OS, and a user program like Windows or Safari. It's just not a good idea for them to do it.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 3/4/2022 at 2:50 PM, kingpotato said:

Oh yeah they do, I mean Im not saying its legal or okay, but how could would it be if we can just play switch games on a pc in this case the steam deck

They could do that, but it'd be their risk in doing so. Especially if you mean emulating Switch games. Which is a definite no go at the moment. But then again, if it's a legal copy for private use, it should be fine. As long as he doesn't share a copy or distribute it online.