Register Now
Kane99

Do you think Nintendo will release PC games?

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

After Microsoft entered the gaming world, their PC sales weren't hurt at all. Obviously they were a PC company first, owning both DOS and Windows. But I don't think Nintendo making any kind of PC would be a good idea. They don't need to branch out into that market. If they did, then unless their PC's were completely unique they would have to run on Microsoft systems as well, so Xbox would profit off it's competition. Or they would have to run on a Mac, which would severely limit the consumer base that would even be able to play the games. It would cost them more than it would profit them. And if they did come up with a PC, they would have to come up with an OS, and a user program like Windows or Safari. It's just not a good idea for them to do it.

Nintendo is already a big video game company, they don't need to go into PC venture in order to prove that. But it's an option for them to consider in the future if they are chasing for more heights just as Microsoft entered into video game full-time. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Nintendo is already a big video game company, they don't need to go into PC venture in order to prove that. But it's an option for them to consider in the future if they are chasing for more heights just as Microsoft entered into video game full-time. 

Microsoft isn't full time video game, but they are starting to make the same amount of capital as the do from their PC side. Their Windows and MS programs bring in more money than Xbox does by a vast margin. But the amount of money that Xbox brings in is no joke. I would be willing to bet that Xbox brings in over a billion per year in sales and exclusives. And now with the acquisition of Activision/Blizzard that amount of capital is going to go through the roof.

Yes still, I don't think Xbox can catch up to their PC side.

3 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Nintendo do release some games on other platforms like Android and IOS so they not completely locked into their own consoles, but releasing games on PC still seems very unlikely for the foreseeable future.

True, but, that could mean one day PC support could be on the way. I doubt it, but I think it'd be cool. At least the classics, and maybe new games on on Nintendo consoles until a certain time. It could work. 

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Microsoft isn't full time video game, but they are starting to make the same amount of capital as the do from their PC side. Their Windows and MS programs bring in more money than Xbox does by a vast margin. But the amount of money that Xbox brings in is no joke. I would be willing to bet that Xbox brings in over a billion per year in sales and exclusives. And now with the acquisition of Activision/Blizzard that amount of capital is going to go through the roof.

Yes still, I don't think Xbox can catch up to their PC side.

Only time will tell if their video game adventure gonna meet up with their PC, MS programs. I see their video game investment growing further with the acquisition of Activision blizzard company. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

True, but, that could mean one day PC support could be on the way. I doubt it, but I think it'd be cool. At least the classics, and maybe new games on on Nintendo consoles until a certain time. It could work. 

Nintendo was very close on ditching consoles all toguether when the Wii U failed, there were rumours that if the Switch had been a flop Nintendo would have look into focusing on games only and distribute them on other platforms.

45 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Nintendo was very close on ditching consoles all toguether when the Wii U failed, there were rumours that if the Switch had been a flop Nintendo would have look into focusing on games only and distribute them on other platforms.

They said the same thing with the Virtual Boy. But they kept going after it. So any talk (from them  or otherwise) about Nintendo possibly ditching consoles and only releasing games to other platforms, I call bullshit on.

They're the most successful gaming company in the history of Video Gaming. They will never stop releasing both consoles and games. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool, including those AT Nintendo.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 3/9/2022 at 10:14 AM, The Blackangel said:

They said the same thing with the Virtual Boy. But they kept going after it. So any talk (from them  or otherwise) about Nintendo possibly ditching consoles and only releasing games to other platforms, I call bullshit on.

They're the most successful gaming company in the history of Video Gaming. They will never stop releasing both consoles and games. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool, including those AT Nintendo.

Yeah - Nintendo is way too popular to fail unless they do something like abuse their employees like Activision does. Even then, I think they'd get off much lighter because Nintendo still produces great games whereas Activision has been horrid for the past decade.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - Nintendo is way too popular to fail unless they do something like abuse their employees like Activision does. Even then, I think they'd get off much lighter because Nintendo still produces great games whereas Activision has been horrid for the past decade.

Also they're almost too big to fail. Millions of employees worldwide. There's no way Nintendo could go under, unless a solar flare hits the earth. The whole electrical grid will then be fried, and we'll be back to a time before people had anything electric. You better learn to ride a horse if that happens.

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Also they're almost too big to fail. Millions of employees worldwide. There's no way Nintendo could go under, unless a solar flare hits the earth. The whole electrical grid will then be fried, and we'll be back to a time before people had anything electric. You better learn to ride a horse if that happens.

I've seen them do some pretty controversial stuff and within a month or two, most people forget about it. They don't usually respond to backlash or pay it any mind - Nintendo knows they're the only untouchable gaming company.

On 4/6/2022 at 1:35 PM, killamch89 said:

I've seen them do some pretty controversial stuff and within a month or two, most people forget about it. They don't usually respond to backlash or pay it any mind - Nintendo knows they're the only untouchable gaming company.

That's a sad fact, but one that we can't ignore. It was Nintendo after all that saved gaming after the video gaming crash in 1983. If it wasn't for them and the NES, we wouldn't be talking right now, as there would be no market.

In the past, I would have said cause they want to invite users into their walled garden, then trap them. But now that they are releasing some versions of their games on mobile, I think it would be great to see official PC ports of some classics, and even better, more modern titles!

But keep in mind that if they make it for one platform only then those people ahve to buy and stay on that platform to play the game.

Nintendo also released some of their games on other platforms in the past. Like Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. Which were released for Atari as well, amse with Mario Bros, so there is a chance. 

These days though, I think Nintendo will eventually consider it once digital becomes even more of a reality. Physical sadly won't be around forever.