Register Now
Kane99

Post Trauma - A game that looks to be inspired by Silent Hill

It's a game that looks to be inspired by Silent Hill, with its fixed camera angles and is said to be inspired by the "Old classics" so I'm guessing it's also somewhat inspired by Resident Evil. It looks very similar to Silent Hill though, from the controls, the imagery, atmosphere, etc. But I think it's kinda going for a RE feel with the monsters. 

Check some gameplay below. 

It's not yet available for purchase, but so far it's looking good. I think some work on the character model and it could look even better. I kinda find the walking animation a bit stiff, but maybe that will be fixed before release. 

Out of all the "Silent Hill inspired" games, This one actually looks the most promising. Not a fan of the two vertical lines on the screen though, it's very distracting. The filter as a whole, however, looks great when an enemy is around. Some improvements to their animations, especially the main character, would be amazing as well.

I'm not a fan of Silent Hill by any means but I do enjoy watching people play it. This will definitely be up there not as a purchase, but as viewing material. It appears to take all the right lessons from early survival horror, along with some of the wrong ideas from their imitators (distracting visual effects that don't add to the atmosphere, for instance.)

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

Haha. it has a bit creepiness in it so yeah if you hate those "Not safe for Mind" type of the horror then avoid this one too. 

That's not what I mean. I'm referring to my trypophobia. I love games that are psychological horror/thriller games. But I have to be careful about some stuff, and I wasn't sure by the thumbnail is this video is something I could watch.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It does look a lot like Silent Hill with a hint of Resident Evil and a splash of Outlast. That being said, the character movement looks kind of weird - like he has diarrhea and is about crap all over himself kind of walk lol. 

You twisted son of a bitch, I'm going to be laughing about that in my sleep tonight.

I have to watch the Family Guy episode Mom's The Word now.

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's not what I mean. I'm referring to my trypophobia. I love games that are psychological horror/thriller games. But I have to be careful about some stuff, and I wasn't sure by the thumbnail is this video is something I could watch.

So trypophobia is the fear of holes or clusters of holes and fear of certain patterns? I never heard of that fear before. I guess you learn something new everyday.  

There does seem to be some holes in the video. During one part you walk over a floor that looks like a square hole he'll or something, but you can walk over it. Earlier in the video,  there is a circle with a hand coming out of it. But I didn't notice anything else. Unless I'm confusing the phobia to something else?

The fear is a fear of small holes in large groups. One thing you could google is a lotus flower. Or just google trypophobia and see what images come up. There's also videos on YouTube that cover phobias. Matthew Santoro did one that flew me into a full blown panic that ended up getting paramedics involved. I was stupid enough to look at the thumbnail for the video and lost it. Unfortunately my fear also extends to bumps in large groups as well, as they pretty much look the same as holes to me. Although holes are a bit worse than bumps.

The worst part is that my fear is so severe that it can stop my heart, which could possibly kill me. @Rain Dew has had to come home from work many many times to "talk me down" so to speak after I came across something like this on YouTube.

It's a proven fact that some phobias can be potentially lethal. This one is for me. You could check out this thread for more of the discussion.