Register Now
Kane99

Have any games stressed out your eyes or given you headaches?

I think as I've gotten older, my tolerance for old style graphics has gone down. I seem to get eye strain whenever I play games from the beginning of the 3D era. For some reason the graphics strains my eyes if I play too much. I played goldeneye on an N64 a while back and couldn't play for long because it just bugged me after a while. 

Do you ever have that with older games? Have any newer games stressed out your eyes or given you a headache? I don't think I've ever had a serious headache from gaming, but I think gaming too long has done it for me. But I wouldn't blame that on games, but more on me sitting in one spot for too long. 

I remember whilst going for the "Seriously ..." achievement (10,000 multiplayer kills) in Gears of War on X360, my eyes pretty much started swaying in a similar motion to the running in the game, probably due to a lack of rest.

Thankfully after putting down the controller for a couple of days and resting my eyes, everything returned to normal. It was pretty scary at the time though! 😬