Register Now
Justin11

Movies or video games which one you love more?

On 6/2/2022 at 2:36 PM, Heatman said:

House of the Dragon

I did not know George RR Martin Until Game of Thrones happened and now I am a fan because of Elden Ring and House of Dragons. The stories are interesting.

On 5/8/2022 at 3:22 PM, Boblee said:

No matter Marvel does with their movies and series, they will never pressure me into playing any of their games because they make shit most of the time. 

That's actually fact - Most Marvel superhero games have extremely low ratings and are ranked as some of the worst in gaming history. As a matter of fact, most superhero games are terrible barring Arkham knights or the more recent Spiderman games.

19 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's actually fact - Most Marvel superhero games have extremely low ratings and are ranked as some of the worst in gaming history. As a matter of fact, most superhero games are terrible barring Arkham knights or the more recent Spiderman games.

It is one of the great contradictions in media. Video games and superheroes almost sound like they were created for each other, yet when they get in bed together it's less like a blissfully, happy couple and more like Tom and Gerry. It doesn't make sense, why is it that so many of these games fail? It can't be just greedy publishers, there has got to be more. Maybe it's because the concept makes too much sense, to the point that developers think it sells itself and underestimate the work and creativity it actually takes to get it right? I don't know, but it is fascinating.

Edited by Shagger

3 minutes ago, Shagger said:

It is one of the great contradictions in media. Video games and superheroes almost sound like they were created for each other, yet when they get in bed together it's less like blissfully, happy couple and more like Tom and Gerry. It doesn't make sense, why is it that so many of these games fail? It can't be just greedy publishers, there has got to be more. Maybe it's because the concept makes too much sense, to the point that developers think it sells itself and underestimate the work and creativity it actually takes to get it right? I don't know, but it is fascinating.

I think it's because companies keep cheapening the experience - they tend to try and use the Superhero brand's popularity as the game's selling point rather than make a functional game with a great story (Arkham Series for instance). Instead, we end up with crap like Superman 64 and if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, here's a short clip so you can witness the horror.

42 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

games easily. i dont watch movies too often because i have adhd

If not for the love I got for some game right from my childhood, I wouldn't think I'll devote time playing any game nor watching movies. I just dedicated more time to my freelancing gigs. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

If not for the love I got for some game right from my childhood, I wouldn't think I'll devote time playing any game nor watching movies. I just dedicated more time to my freelancing gigs. 

yeah, that's more productive as well

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

As much as I enjoy playing games, I have the same feelings towards movies as well especially when they are TV series. Game of Thrones was incredible for me and I'm looking forward to House of Dragon on August 21st when it comes out. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

As much as I enjoy playing games, I have the same feelings towards movies as well especially when they are TV series. Game of Thrones was incredible for me and I'm looking forward to House of Dragon on August 21st when it comes out. 

I've heard so many marvelous things around game of thrones of TV series movie. I never really taken my time to watch the movie, because it's so long. Not that I don't devote time to movie, I devote time too, but not more than 20-30 mins of my time once in a while. 

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Soon we would be seeing more of Dr. Strange games and that's if they haven't started butchering it up like they always do. They try in some of their movies but their games, they need better improvement on it. 

When I was very much younger, I love watching movies, my mum is a movie type, so she takes me to the cinema to watch some terrifying movies when she wants to experience something different. But at this time, I'm not a movie fan that much, I watch coincidentally and not pushing myself to watch. 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When I was very much younger, I love watching movies, my mum is a movie type, so she takes me to the cinema to watch some terrifying movies when she wants to experience something different. But at this time, I'm not a movie fan that much, I watch coincidentally and not pushing myself to watch. 

Movies was a family thing for me, we were always seeing movies together with my parents and siblings. But as we grew older our choices and preferences of the kind of movies we liked change and everyone just had to get their own tv in their bedroom, though we do come down to the living room to see movies together sometimes as well.

6 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

There are some movies that I wouldn't miss out for any reason. Just like I'm planning on watching the latest Tom Cruise movie Top Gun: Maverick. 

I have only watched Top Gun: Maverick trailer and it was incredible. I never got to watch the first one but I'm not missing this new release.