Register Now
Justin11

Do you love music more than gaming?

I can enjoy games without music, in fact in many games I turn off background music because it annoys me.

Music existed long before videogames, from the dawn of man, it is not something that can be uninvented. You tap your fingers on a desk and it creates a kind of tune, so it is literally impossible to imagine a world without music.

As others have said, I tend to listen to something while I play a video game. The original DOOM soundtrack got me through Doom (2016). Most games with a Jeremy Soule soundtrack wouldn't be the same without his composing. Stewart Copeland is one of the first musicians that made me appreciate video game music with Spyro the Dragon.

Mostly I just watch (or rather listen to) videos in the background. I'm currently listening to Critical Role, which features voice actors of video games among other things playing Dungeons & Dragons.

6 hours ago, m76 said:

I can enjoy games without music, in fact in many games I turn off background music because it annoys me.

Music existed long before videogames, from the dawn of man, it is not something that can be uninvented. You tap your fingers on a desk and it creates a kind of tune, so it is literally impossible to imagine a world without music.

What you just said is the reality scene. We can't do without music, music is man. We can create music in anyway just as you've mentioned 'tapping the fingers on a desk which forms sound. Even when I'm playing games I love hearing the sound of the background music or in-game soundtracks. 

The vast majority of my games, I play silently. I turn the volume all the way down so it's completely silenced. In all honesty, the ONLY game I can think of that I don't play in silence is RDR2. I keep the sound on for it. But that one has so much dialogue, it's kinda pointless to try to play the game without the sound on.

Now if we're talking music like Disturbed, Whitesnake, Poison, White Lion, Cinderella, Damn Yankees, and so on, then yes I LOVE LOVE LOVE music more than gaming.

I wouldn't say music is better or worse than gaming. I like music in most games. But, there are some games with awful music, so I often turn it down or off. 

Most games soundtracks add to the game. I'd argue that Red Dead Redemption or RDR2 are better because of the soundtracks. They add to the tension, the action, the acting. Same thing with Silent Hill 2. You need that screeching, haunting music, otherwise you don't always feel the game you're playing. 

Music in games heightens things. At least when it makes sense. Some game music can be awful. 

But I wouldn't say that I like music more or less than games. I'd say they both stand on their own. I like both. I like music when I want it and I like to game when I can too. 

2 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I wouldn't say music is better or worse than gaming. I like music in most games. But, there are some games with awful music, so I often turn it down or off. 

Most games soundtracks add to the game. I'd argue that Red Dead Redemption or RDR2 are better because of the soundtracks. They add to the tension, the action, the acting. Same thing with Silent Hill 2. You need that screeching, haunting music, otherwise you don't always feel the game you're playing. 

Music in games heightens things. At least when it makes sense. Some game music can be awful. 

But I wouldn't say that I like music more or less than games. I'd say they both stand on their own. I like both. I like music when I want it and I like to game when I can too. 

Soundtrack makes RDR-2 more interesting and Increases the immersion for the game, due to the kind of music sound in the game. Music makes game more sweater, I can't imagine gaming with music. It will be state of lust if I have to make do without music in games. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, I do enjoy the music in games as it makes it interesting but there is no way you would expect me to love it more than the game itself. It's not possible. 

Both goes together, I love listening to music while playing games. If I don't hear different sounds popping out from video games I wouldn't enjoy playing. 

On 12/7/2021 at 12:51 AM, Justin11 said:

Their is no doubt, music or soundtrack goes together with video games. No wonder majority of video games feature soundtracks. 

What if you have a single option to choose, which one will you go for? 

If playing and listening to music is my problem, I think that's something my MP3 player can do well for with thousands of songs I have on Playlist. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

If playing and listening to music is my problem, I think that's something my MP3 player can do well for with thousands of songs I have on Playlist. 

That's cool, your MP3 can offer you that, even your mobile phone. If you have compat disc, it will go a long way too.