Register Now
Kane99

The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience

Oh cool. This sounds interesting. The makers of the new Matrix are releasing a free tech demo from Epic games and some of the team from the upcoming movie. I think it is expected to drop on Dec 9th during the upcoming game awards. And I assume you can actually play the tech demo the same day. You can find more info on this story here - https://www.gematsu.com/2021/12/the-matrix-awakens-an-unreal-engine-5-experience-for-ps5-xbox-series-pre-download-now-available

That's great news, even though UE5 isn't officially marketed as "stable" right now it's getting more and more adopted by devs (me inclusive!). It's just a shame the tech demo won't release for PC, I wonder if they're prioritizing the consoles to tune UE5 since they already know high-end PCs will definitely run a demo like this without issues. Would make the most sense to me at least (unless it's because of a deal with the console people or so...).

I think Unity and Unreal 5 and also Cry engine are competiting in that space and each of their release fights for the quality of experience they can offer and devs who can get the most out of it. I am not sure how much they have done so in the unreal. 

Just watched the full playthrough of this test demo, and I so hope it's an early promo for an eventual game, because this looks like what games were going to be years ago. idk, just looks fun. But, that driving near the end looked rough. 

I'm getting a True Crime: Streets of LA vibe from the car shooting segments. Wonder if this will result in a full game. Because I'd be tempted to give this a try. Unreal Engine is killing it these days. 

Edited by Kane99