Register Now
DC

What would you like to see added to the forum?

17 minutes ago, bomb said:

Maybe a referral system. Where members can earn points or $ for referring people to the board. Am not sure if it is already here. 

I think that runs the risk of our already rampant spamming problems even worse.

1 minute ago, Crazycrab said:

I think that runs the risk of our already rampant spamming problems even worse.

The moderators should up their game should that happen. As the forum grows, there is need for employing more moderators to oversee the activities of the board. 

4 minutes ago, bomb said:

The moderators should up their game should that happen. As the forum grows, there is need for employing more moderators to oversee the activities of the board. 

Your right, and that is another thing that is currently under discussion.  Right now @DC moderates the forum pretty much by himself and he does it well... but he obviously can't monitor it 24 hours a day so a lot of BS slips through the cracks.

1 minute ago, Crazycrab said:

Your right, and that is another thing that is currently under discussion.  Right now @DC moderates the forum pretty much by himself and he does it well... but he obviously can't monitor it 24 hours a day so a lot of BS slips through the cracks.

True. I believed many members will volunteer to moderate the forums for free. I wouldn't mind moderating one forum category. If we get 5 or so volunteers, the spam issue will be well under control. My thinking. 

Just now, bomb said:

True. I believed many members will volunteer to moderate the forums for free. I wouldn't mind moderating one forum category. If we get 5 or so volunteers, the spam issue will be well under control. My thinking. 

I appreciate that and know you mean well by the message but you joined the forum 10 minutes ago and have 5 posts. There are many many members who would be considered for a moderator spot ahead of you. Again, I appreciate everyone's feedback regarding moderators...I'll move forward with something very soon. I know I have been putting it off.

5 minutes ago, bomb said:

There are several of us that are willing including some that have experience.  It's ultimately DC's desicion and I respect that.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

@DC made a choice today, and it was a good one. Hopefully the one extra mod is all the forum will need. But as @Crazycrab said, there are several of us willing to lend a hand if we’re needed.

Thanks, official announcement coming in the next couple of days.

Something that may help could be to post a thread, you would probably have to put in its own locked category, of do’s and don’ts when signing up. Tell people that if they want a good experience here that they need to hold off trying to sell their shit until at least their second post.

May be a crackpot idea, but it’s a thought.

On 8/17/2020 at 4:30 AM, The Blackangel said:

Something that may help could be to post a thread, you would probably have to put in its own locked category, of do’s and don’ts when signing up. Tell people that if they want a good experience here that they need to hold off trying to sell their shit until at least their second post.

May be a crackpot idea, but it’s a thought.

That's  good thought. I support.