Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever take time out to clean your video games?

Do you ever take time out to clean up your gaming collection? Like, maybe take a day to clean up discs, cases (not cardboard ones), carts, and even the consoles. I have thought about cleaning my collection more often, as it gets covered in dust so often. 

One of these days I plan to put up a shell across my wall. I will then put all my games up in it. But, what I was thinking to curb dust, was to install glass doors. This way I can still see my collection, and it protects from dust and other junk. 

It's normal to keep our things neat. Since I love my console, I always keep it need. Keep my gaming room need to, so friends and love ones gonna come in and feel freshness and share gaming time with me without feeling uncomfortable. 

It's not something I've done much but I probably should do it more regularly especially with my consoles. I have never, ever bothered cleaning my game discs though. Since they're inside the original gaming cases, I don't think they need to be cleaned.

2 hours ago, Darth said:

It's not something I've done much but I probably should do it more regularly especially with my consoles. I have never, ever bothered cleaning my game discs though. Since they're inside the original gaming cases, I don't think they need to be cleaned.

I don't clean much of the disc, because I deal on digital version mostly than the disc versions. Irrespective of that, I have where I store the disc, they stay at room temperature there and can't easily attract dust there. 

6 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I treat my discs like a delicate crystal and my console like the last working electronic on Earth. 

You ought to take care of them that way especially with your disc because if they get damaged, that's the end of the game. As for your console, it's up to you how functional you want it to be if you neglect cleaning it for too long. 

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You ought to take care of them that way especially with your disc because if they get damaged, that's the end of the game. As for your console, it's up to you how functional you want it to be if you neglect cleaning it for too long. 

Once my system cools, I cover it with a rag. It stays shiny new. I just don't like it when it updates something overnight with the rag still on because it traps heat. I try to no cover the vents. 

My end is always clean, I do not even have many games on hard dics, I do but not many and they always in the same location. Most are now are on steam or other related digital. I have games that I do not play not even installed and so I keep my drive clean and free up space.