Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever take time out to clean your video games?

44 minutes ago, Boblee said:

There's one of such products. I think that it's called iVac dust control. I came across the device one time on Amazon when I was trying to purchase smoke detector. 

Thank you very much for this. I'm going to have it checked out on Amazon or other online stores I usually purchase my products. Hopefully, it's not going to be too expensive. 

If I don't take time and take very good care of my console and entire gaming set up, I wonder who's supposed to do it for me? It's not like I have a maid or house help to do the job for me and I wouldn't easily trust another to clean my console for me. I watch one funny video on Facebook where a cleaner used water to wash his boss PS4 after scrubbing it with detergent. Ever since then, I never feel comfortable allowing another person to clean my console for me. 

8 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

If I don't take time and take very good care of my console and entire gaming set up, I wonder who's supposed to do it for me? It's not like I have a maid or house help to do the job for me and I wouldn't easily trust another to clean my console for me. I watch one funny video on Facebook where a cleaner used water to wash his boss PS4 after scrubbing it with detergent. Ever since then, I never feel comfortable allowing another person to clean my console for me. 

This is so hilarious 😂. How can the cleaner do that? I think that's a set up because it's not possible for an adult to do that kind of thing. It's trying to wash a television. I don't seriously believe that story at all. 

My games are digitally stored, therefore, they don't need cleaning. However, I have to frequently clean the devices I use for gaming, PC, Mobile, Controllers, etc. I wipe my devices every time I start playing games.

3 hours ago, Jasmin said:

My games are digitally stored, therefore, they don't need cleaning. However, I have to frequently clean the devices I use for gaming, PC, Mobile, Controllers, etc. I wipe my devices every time I start playing games.

That's one advantage of playing only digital games. You don't have to worry about space to pack them and always having to clean them up from time to time. 

On 5/24/2022 at 2:08 PM, Heatman said:

If there are any electronic device like a dust vacuum sucker which can be installed in one's home to suck in any dusts that gets inside the house, I would be more than willing to buy it seriously. 

I don't think such is feasible, since you have hands, you can always do them regularly and keep your surroundings neat including your gaming room. 

16 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I don't think such is feasible, since you have hands, you can always do them regularly and keep your surroundings neat including your gaming room. 

Fortunately, there's such tech made available by iVac. 

8 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Fortunately, there's such tech made available by iVac. 

I followed the video up, but their wasn't any practical aspect of it to test run it, if it will help remove the dusts automatically. 

21 hours ago, Clasher said:

Personally I feel video game consoles should be cleaned regularly, as too much build up of dust might make it faulty in worst cases. I usually get mine cleaned up as much as I can.

It makes the game to overheat and that's not entirely good for the console at all because it can damage the disc drive and compromise the cooling fan. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

It makes the game to overheat and that's not entirely good for the console at all because it can damage the disc drive and compromise the cooling fan. 

Just like every other gadget I own, from laptop,to tv set and sound bar I don't let it get too dirty before cleaning it up. This actually cost a friend of mine his PS3 console though he got a new PS4 he chose to just keep the PS3 some where and after a while decides to use the PS3 it just wouldn't start up, the technician said it was because the PS3 was left unused and dusty for a while.

On 5/25/2022 at 4:46 PM, Heatman said:

That's one advantage of playing only digital games. You don't have to worry about space to pack them and always having to clean them up from time to time. 

That's very true. When you are playing online games, all you need is your device and internet connection. The best thing is you can start where ever you want, whenever you want. 

On 5/25/2022 at 6:17 AM, Heatman said:

This is so hilarious 😂. How can the cleaner do that? I think that's a set up because it's not possible for an adult to do that kind of thing. It's trying to wash a television. I don't seriously believe that story at all. 

I'm not sure if it's all an act or not, I'm not going to use my own console to try it out. No please, I'm going to clean it myself. It's not even that difficult except for cleaning my keyboard.