Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever take time out to clean your video games?

Dust is part of our lives just like the air we breath, they are always hovering around us. No matter how neat you cleaned your gaming set, it will still find its way on and inside it. So, I can as often as I can because it never gets more than enough. 

19 hours ago, Clasher said:

Just like every other gadget I own, from laptop,to tv set and sound bar I don't let it get too dirty before cleaning it up. This actually cost a friend of mine his PS3 console though he got a new PS4 he chose to just keep the PS3 some where and after a while decides to use the PS3 it just wouldn't start up, the technician said it was because the PS3 was left unused and dusty for a while.

He could have easily given the PS3 away and the person who got it would treat it like a new baby and not left it dumped for a while till it's ruined. 

8 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Dust is part of our lives just like the air we breath, they are always hovering around us. No matter how neat you cleaned your gaming set, it will still find its way on and inside it. So, I can as often as I can because it never gets more than enough. 

I try as much as I can to have mine cleaned at least twice in a week and have it covered whenever I'm done playing for the day. Covering it helps to keep the dust down low. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

He could have easily given the PS3 away and the person who got it would treat it like a new baby and not left it dumped for a while till it's ruined. 

I'm pretty sure he had that in mind but maybe got hooked up with some other activities that he didn't remember his PS3 was wasting away somewhere. Because what prompted him to go in search of his PS3 was because he wanted to test run it one more time before giving it out to the kid who lives next door as a birthday gift.

PS: The PS3 is now in good working condition and I'm very sure that kid is having a good time with it at the moment.

14 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I try as much as I can to have mine cleaned at least twice in a week and have it covered whenever I'm done playing for the day. Covering it helps to keep the dust down low. 

You're well on point with how good and helpful having them being covered up is. Even if you don't clean them often but cover them always, it will be clean always. 

16 hours ago, Clasher said:

I'm pretty sure he had that in mind but maybe got hooked up with some other activities that he didn't remember his PS3 was wasting away somewhere. Because what prompted him to go in search of his PS3 was because he wanted to test run it one more time before giving it out to the kid who lives next door as a birthday gift.

PS: The PS3 is now in good working condition and I'm very sure that kid is having a good time with it at the moment.

If the dust didn't cause any major damage to the console, it would be fixed easily with just little maintenance check. I'm to hear he's given it out already. 

6 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

You're well on point with how good and helpful having them being covered up is. Even if you don't clean them often but cover them always, it will be clean always. 

That's for sure because there was a time when I didn't get the chance to have mine cleaned for a week but always had it covered after playing, it never got bad with dust. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

If the dust didn't cause any major damage to the console, it would be fixed easily with just little maintenance check. I'm to hear he's given it out already. 

Yeah man, the kid has been so humble and always likes to come to his crib to play video games since he hasn't gotten one for himself, surprisingly his parents are cool with him coming around us so he just had to gift him the PS3.

46 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Yeah man, the kid has been so humble and always likes to come to his crib to play video games since he hasn't gotten one for himself, surprisingly his parents are cool with him coming around us so he just had to gift him the PS3.

If you are good as a kid and respectful, it comes with good benefits because you wouldn't know that some elderly people are observing your behavior and attitude towards things especially when they send you for an errand. Some kids wouldn't dare do it for you but after they expect favors from you. 

14 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

If you are good as a kid and respectful, it comes with good benefits because you wouldn't know that some elderly people are observing your behavior and attitude towards things especially when they send you for an errand. Some kids wouldn't dare do it for you but after they expect favors from you. 

Haha, i wouldn't even bother giving out some of my stuffs if the recipient isn't well deserving of it. Back in my early days I got my second handheld game from a Total stranger because he cited Me clearing out the lawn for an old lady who lives across our street. That was the first time I ever earned something though I didn't do that expecting favors but this individual still chose to reward me.

16 hours ago, Clasher said:

He did alright for himself because it was his good deeds that got him a console he never could have afforded to buy, although dust almost cost him the damn thing 😂

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

He did alright for himself because it was his good deeds that got him a console he never could have afforded to buy, although dust almost cost him the damn thing 😂

😅 Well, I think I would rather say the kid saved the console, because he totally forgot he had one and it was when this kid came along that he went in search for it.

On 5/28/2022 at 5:05 PM, Dannyjax said:

That's for sure because there was a time when I didn't get the chance to have mine cleaned for a week but always had it covered after playing, it never got bad with dust. 

Yep, it's going to be very helpful in keeping the console neat always when you never cleaned it. I wonder who thought of that trick first? 

On 5/27/2022 at 11:09 AM, Aniekwe said:

This is why I hardly open my windows and I make use that my home is dusted every 2 days. It's costly paying those bills but it's something necessary that should be done. 

On 5/30/2022 at 7:43 AM, Clasher said:

😅 Well, I think I would rather say the kid saved the console, because he totally forgot he had one and it was when this kid came along that he went in search for it.

I think that's another way to look at it because if the console had stayed too long in the dump, it's most likely going to be damaged for good.