Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever take time out to clean your video games?

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

I think that's another way to look at it because if the console had stayed too long in the dump, it's most likely going to be damaged for good. 

It's all about the owner not looking after the console even if he's no longer playing with it. I still take very good care of my SEGA console. 

8 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's all about the owner not looking after the console even if he's no longer playing with it. I still take very good care of my SEGA console. 

Wow, that's interesting to hear. It's very obvious that the SEGA console is that dear to you for you not to have let it go by now. 

40 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

I usually dust my gaming set every Thursday and I just did mine for the week not so long ago. I might dust them again by Sunday but it's under a probability. 

I always have mind cleaned between Wednesday and Saturday. The three days gap is well balanced for me to time it out and have it cleaned again. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

I think that's another way to look at it because if the console had stayed too long in the dump, it's most likely going to be damaged for good. 

Yeah, all my old gaming consoles from my PS2 and Nintendo switch were either given out or sold, I don't usually keep Consoles I'm not using again. I believe it would be more useful in the hands of someone else who would still cherish it as much as I did.

21 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I usually dust my gaming set every Thursday and I just did mine for the week not so long ago. I might dust them again by Sunday but it's under a probability. 

Having my gaming set cleaned once in a week is enough to keep them clean till the next week and having them always covered up after playing helps too. 

On 6/2/2022 at 4:08 PM, Clasher said:

Yeah, all my old gaming consoles from my PS2 and Nintendo switch were either given out or sold, I don't usually keep Consoles I'm not using again. I believe it would be more useful in the hands of someone else who would still cherish it as much as I did.

It's actually why I had to give out my Playstation 3 because I know very well that I'm not going to be playing more on it. 

On 6/2/2022 at 3:52 PM, Heatman said:

I always have mind cleaned between Wednesday and Saturday. The three days gap is well balanced for me to time it out and have it cleaned again. 

It's a good time frame to have them properly cleaned. I love the space gap of 3 days as well. I think I'm going to start doing that. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's actually why I had to give out my Playstation 3 because I know very well that I'm not going to be playing more on it. 

Unless you decide to be a collector, it's not good for the console to get them and keep them without using it. It will end up and developing a fault along the way. It's better to give it out. 

13 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

It's a good time frame to have them properly cleaned. I love the space gap of 3 days as well. I think I'm going to start doing that. 

It works perfectly for me. Just like today, I have already done my cleaning and everything looks so good and smell nice. It's good to neat. 

5 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Unless you decide to be a collector, it's not good for the console to get them and keep them without using it. It will end up and developing a fault along the way. It's better to give it out. 

Being a collector isn't an easy task. I know a few guys that are into it and it's giving them a hell of a job. Plus you have to take very good care of your set of collections so it would always be in a good playing condition. 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

Which consoles are you currently using now? I have a PS4 , Xbox series X and a Nintendo switch OLED version which I got about a month ago.