Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever take time out to clean your video games?

On 6/7/2022 at 3:27 PM, Boblee said:

You should my friends because too much dust and dirt in them wouldn't be good for them and how they function. 

A lot of gaming console have been laid to waste as a result of dirt and dust. Mine would be the very last that's going to be added to their inventory. 

2 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

A lot of gaming console have been laid to waste as a result of dirt and dust. Mine would be the very last that's going to be added to their inventory. 

My brother's Playstation 1 was taken out of its functionality as a result of being dumped for too long. Dust ate it up in some years of no play. 

19 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Now, that's something I can work with as well. By so doing, they will always feel like it's a new water they came to work in, and they will do a good job. 

Yeah exactly, I have been using that pattern for their services for years and I haven't been disappointed. 

If you've been playing with your console and never remembered cleaning it, definitely it will be clustered with dusts, which penetrates Inside the console causing damage to some essential parts of the console, which made some gamers face early challenges with their console. It is encouraging to keep our gaming device/console neat always. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah exactly, I have been using that pattern for their services for years and I haven't been disappointed. 

I will start doing that too. Hopefully, I will have the same experience you do with such services. 

11 hours ago, Grungie said:

I clean dust off the consoles. I don't really bother with the games that come in cases. I do clean the pins on cartridge games every now and then to not worry about connection issues.

My brother damaged one of his game cartridge when he was cleaning it at one point. It's why I'm always very careful dealing with cleaning it. 

Just now, Heatman said:

My brother damaged one of his game cartridge when he was cleaning it at one point. It's why I'm always very careful dealing with cleaning it. 

You have to really try to damage those, or use a metallic object. A q-tip and Isopropyl alcohol or Windex is all you need. Brasso is for the ultra dirty carts.

That's the core reason why I prefer digital version of games this days than the physical copy due to unexpected CD damage. I just don't want to lose money carelessly that way, because I have junior ones around at the moment. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Are you serious? He must have been very careless with it when he was having them cleaned because they don't use to damage easily. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's the core reason why I prefer digital version of games this days than the physical copy due to unexpected CD damage. I just don't want to lose money carelessly that way, because I have junior ones around at the moment. 

I never like CD, I only used memory card for my PS2 and now I just download the digital version to my PS or have it installed on my Console. Though I still have a few CD's like assassin Creed IV: black flag for my ps4.

On 6/9/2022 at 11:27 AM, Heatman said:

My brother's Playstation 1 was taken out of its functionality as a result of being dumped for too long. Dust ate it up in some years of no play. 

What was he thinking keeling it unused and unserviced for a long time? It was never going to survive the effects of dust. 

13 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Are you serious? He must have been very careless with it when he was having them cleaned because they don't use to damage easily. 

I don't know he managed to have it damage and he never told me that. I'm sure he probably got careless with it just like you mentioned.