Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever take time out to clean your video games?

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

I don't know he managed to have it damage and he never told me that. I'm sure he probably got careless with it just like you mentioned. 

Let me guess, he wasn't forthcoming on what or how he got it damaged when he was supposedly having it cleaned. 

18 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Let me guess, he wasn't forthcoming on what or how he got it damaged when he was supposedly having it cleaned. 

Haha, If he's the one who damaged it out of his carelessness, and if he's still a teenager, he would likely lie about it. 

18 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Not at all, from the way he was acting and his body language, I knew that there was something he wasn't letting out. I had to get the game all over again. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

I don't know he managed to have it damage and he never told me that. I'm sure he probably got careless with it just like you mentioned. 

This is yet another reason why I don't feel comfortable allowing another person to do my game's cleaning unless it's someone I can trust. 

3 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

This is yet another reason why I don't feel comfortable allowing another person to do my game's cleaning unless it's someone I can trust. 

He used to be the one that always have them cleaned but I don't know what went wrong with it and him this time around. Well, that's by the way as I have replaced the game. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Not at all, from the way he was acting and his body language, I knew that there was something he wasn't letting out. I had to get the game all over again. 

I would suggest that you start cleaning your game's by yourself from now henceforth to prevent such from happening again. 

16 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I would suggest that you start cleaning your game's by yourself from now henceforth to prevent such from happening again. 

I'm going to afford him another opportunity to do it and see if he makes that same mistake again. If he does that, it's going to be his last time cleaning them. 

On 6/12/2022 at 2:12 PM, Heatman said:

He used to be the one that always have them cleaned but I don't know what went wrong with it and him this time around. Well, that's by the way as I have replaced the game. 

It's a good thing that you have replaced the game. Something might have gone wrong with his trying to clean the game which led to the damage. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm going to afford him another opportunity to do it and see if he makes that same mistake again. If he does that, it's going to be his last time cleaning them. 

So why wouldn't you just do it yourself? Isn't it costly and inconvenient to you if he damages your system again?

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's your decision to make, and if you think that it's the right thing to do, why am I to question you on that? I hope he doesn't mess it up all over again. 

On 6/11/2022 at 3:37 AM, Clasher said:

I never like CD, I only used memory card for my PS2 and now I just download the digital version to my PS or have it installed on my Console. Though I still have a few CD's like assassin Creed IV: black flag for my ps4.

When I was using PS2 slim, the first thing they told me was to route my hard drive so I can install digital version of games and not using discs. I listened, and it was the best option I took, which didn't corrupt my games. Because, if you're using CD plate at some point you'll face issue of lag, but digital version stays like that for long, unless your hard drive got corrupted due to virus. 

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

So why wouldn't you just do it yourself? Isn't it costly and inconvenient to you if he damages your system again?

The thing is that I'm too busy to do that myself and he's been good with doing it in the past. I don't know what went wrong with him and cleaning it the last time. I hope that's the last time such happens. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When I was using PS2 slim, the first thing they told me was to route my hard drive so I can install digital version of games and not using discs. I listened, and it was the best option I took, which didn't corrupt my games. Because, if you're using CD plate at some point you'll face issue of lag, but digital version stays like that for long, unless your hard drive got corrupted due to virus. 

That's true mate, at the moment do you own any CD or you are still sticking to only having the digital version of videogames?

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

That's true mate, at the moment do you own any CD or you are still sticking to only having the digital version of videogames?

First off, a PS2 games come on DVD's, not CD's. 

Second, a PS2 doesn't have a hard drive, so how is what you describe even possible @Justin11?