Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever take time out to clean your video games?

15 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

It's your decision to make, and if you think that it's the right thing to do, why am I to question you on that? I hope he doesn't mess it up all over again. 

It's the same thing that I'm hoping for as well because it's going to added work for me to do it all by myself when he can help out. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When I was using PS2 slim, the first thing they told me was to route my hard drive so I can install digital version of games and not using discs. I listened, and it was the best option I took, which didn't corrupt my games. Because, if you're using CD plate at some point you'll face issue of lag, but digital version stays like that for long, unless your hard drive got corrupted due to virus. 

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

First off, a PS2 games come on DVD's, not CD's. 

Second, a PS2 doesn't have a hard drive, so how is what you describe even possible @Justin11?

I may be deviating the thread from the main topic , but I wanted to give my two cents on this.

I think what @Justin11 was trying to say was about modding or hacking his ps2 console with an external hard drive, by doing this you can run ISO files of PS2 games from the hard drive. I dont know much about it either but you definitely dont use CDs for that.

This is something that happens very often in the forum, a lot of users  try to rush in trying to make a comment as fast as possible with the result being a comment that is barely comprehensible. I know that for many of us here english is not our first language, I have the same problem as well, but at least I actually try to make an effort to make my comment as clear as possible.

39 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I may be deviating the thread from the main topic , but I wanted to give my two cents on this.

I think what @Justin11 was trying to say was about modding or hacking his ps2 console with an external hard drive, by doing this you can run ISO files of PS2 games from the hard drive. I dont know much about it either but you definitely dont use CDs for that.

This is something that happens very often in the forum, a lot of users  try to rush in trying to make a comment as fast as possible with the result being a comment that is barely comprehensible. I know that for many of us here english is not our first language, I have the same problem as well, but at least I actually try to make an effort to make my comment as clear as possible.

Thanks for the input. I see now how this can work, but only @Justin11 can confirm what he was on about.

I will say though that you are a testament to what is possible by just posting with care and rushing as I wouldn't have even known English wasn't a first language for you. You are absolutely right that people like @Justin11 who consistently make posts so badly written and poorly thought out that it's difficult to understand them have no excuse. The staff would be more than happy to help if they're struggling, but the never ask for help because an incomprehensible post is still post, it still counts, so they don't care.

Anyway, back on topic.

I do see what @Justin11 is talking about with digital games. Scratched disks and dust are real nuisance. I don't like to amid the benefits of digital distribution, but I have to be honest there is a convivence factor to it and and you don't have to worry about keeping the games in good shape or risk them not working. That is a genuine advantage.

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

First off, a PS2 games come on DVD's, not CD's. 

Second, a PS2 doesn't have a hard drive, so how is what you describe even possible @Justin11?

He probably had zero clue what he was talking about but justin11 is right. The purple discs that a lot of the earlier ps2 games came on were cd-roms, sony ditched the format for the dvd rom format pretty early on as a couple of models have problems reading the purple discs so that may be the reason, from experience whenever i booted up a purple disc my ps2 would make a lot of noise, i've heard some slim models don't read them at all.

Their was an official hard drive released for the ps2 , i have one somewhere but never used it so i can't really say much about it.

Then their is also this funky ps2/digital recorder hybrid with a 250gb hdd called the Psx only released in japan. Quite an interesting piece of playstation history if you ask me. The only problem is finding a working one is a challenge these days.

But damn to stay on topic how long can you get a thread going about cleaning your consoles it's already at 9 fucking pages. Guess i'll just say how i do it then, the consoles i have hooked up i dust off once a week and that is more then enough imo, all my retro games are either in special box protectors or resealable dvd/blu-ray baggies to prevent wear and tear plus they are so much easier to dust off. All my consoles i don't use are in their original boxes, stashed away in various closets away mostly.

Edited by Yaramaki

@Yaramaki cleared the heat, you can see it for yourself @Shagger via those links he provided. I know English isn't my first language, I do struggle at times. 

That is fine, let's stay back on topic just as @Yaramaki have done. 

When I'm busy, I don't care much about my gaming set-up. But when I'm closer to my room, and feeling the urge to play games, I make sure everything stays inline and well kept for my gaming items/console. 

On 6/14/2022 at 10:46 AM, Heatman said:

The thing is that I'm too busy to do that myself and he's been good with doing it in the past. I don't know what went wrong with him and cleaning it the last time. I hope that's the last time such happens. 

You should probably set the day of your game's cleaning to be the day that you're at home. It would give you the opportunity to inspect what he's doing. It's going to cut down the possibility of him damaging it. 

18 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

You should probably set the day of your game's cleaning to be the day that you're at home. It would give you the opportunity to inspect what he's doing. It's going to cut down the possibility of him damaging it. 

If I should go by this, it means that I would have to put everything to be taken care of either on Saturday's or Sunday's only. It's the only two days I don't go to work. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

If I should go by this, it means that I would have to put everything to be taken care of either on Saturday's or Sunday's only. It's the only two days I don't go to work. 

Most people usually do their house chores and cleaning on Saturday's. If you go by that same day too, it's not a bad idea in my opinion. It would give the all the room to make sure that your game's are properly cleaned. 

Edited by Dannyjax

11 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

Most people usually do their house chores and cleaning on Saturday's. If you go by that same day too, it's not a bad idea in my opinion. It would give the all the room to make sure that your game's are properly cleaned. 

I'm going to start doing that from tomorrow. I have already informed my brother to suspend cleaning today. By tomorrow, we both do it together. 

5 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm going to start doing that from tomorrow. I have already informed my brother to suspend cleaning today. By tomorrow, we both do it together. 

If you two want to talk about your personal cleaning schedules (As to why you would want to do that, I don't know.), do so via pm.

EDIT: Having received a complaint about this thread on the allegation it's long since run it's course, I've agreed that is the case so will will now lock this.

Edited by Shagger