Register Now
PGen98

Which Movie Video Game Was The Worst?

Movies love to cross-promote as much as possible, to sell as much merchandise as possible, and that usually means there's a video game tie in or even a complete video game associated with a movie.  To those that have played them, which video game based on movie has been the worst you've experienced? 

For me it has to have been Enter The Matrix on the Original Xbox (and PS2).  It was a horrible game to play, but I'll give them credit for working in the various Matrix effects and atmospheric elements which did make it feel like an extension of the Matrix universe.  Did anyone else play a terrible movie tie-in game?  What was the worst you've ever played?

There's been quite a few incredibly average video games based on movie counterparts, many of which are published by Disney or Dreamworks.. 😅

On 12/7/2021 at 3:03 AM, PGen98 said:

For me it has to have been Enter The Matrix on the Original Xbox (and PS2).  It was a horrible game to play, but I'll give them credit for working in the various Matrix effects and atmospheric elements which did make it feel like an extension of the Matrix universe.

I actually liked Enter the Matrix 😝 - I didn't think much to the sequel (The Path of Neo) though..

I didn't play a whole lot of the movie tie-in games for popular movies back in the day. I know Spider-man 1 and 2 happened to be good games, but I never played them sadly. I remember playing 007 Legends, which is based off the older James Bond films if I remember correctly. Most of the games after Goldeneye turned out to be mediocre crap. Oh another that comes to mind is the Bad Boys video game. It didn't even have Martin Lawrence or Will Smith, and it was an awful game. 

40 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Bond games used to be good but for some reason I just don't like those type of the games. 

The same thing goes for the Marvel Avengers games. They didn't really know what they wanted to make in the games seriously!!! 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

I never even bothered touching any disney and marvel games. I just don't like them personally. I don't know how kids even bother with them. 

Yeah, seriously they have been a let down over the years and it's really sad they can't replicate what they do in movies in their games. 

I'm not sure if this counts because it's based on a TV show which is based off a movie, but The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance - Tactics is single-handedly the worst tie-in game I have ever played. It has zero artistic merits on any count, and I do not exaggerate. Its story does not appeal to TDC fans. Its gameplay does not appeal to strategy RPG (SRPG) fans. Its user interface is broken. Its graphical fidelity is unsuitable for the platforms it's on. Its soundtrack is barren, its voice acting nonexistent. This is the only game that I hated and did not develop Stockholm Syndrome for when playing it to completion. The fact that 1.5% of Steam players have completed this game on New Game+ tells me that I failed to properly inform the other 1.4%. I will forever kick myself for that.

On 12/8/2021 at 3:46 PM, Oblivion Knight said:

There's been quite a few incredibly average video games based on movie counterparts, many of which are published by Disney or Dreamworks..

I would have to disagree about Disney's "incredibly average" games. I think as the generations went on you're right, but I think around the fifth/sixth generation of consoles they were pretty good. I hear a lot of compliments given to Aladdin and such for the fourth generation systems also.

On 12/9/2021 at 5:12 AM, Kane99 said:

I didn't play a whole lot of the movie tie-in games for popular movies back in the day. I know Spider-man 1 and 2 happened to be good games, but I never played them sadly. I remember playing 007 Legends, which is based off the older James Bond films if I remember correctly. Most of the games after Goldeneye turned out to be mediocre crap. Oh another that comes to mind is the Bad Boys video game. It didn't even have Martin Lawrence or Will Smith, and it was an awful game. 

The latest Bond movie - No Time to Die is definitely something that I'm very much looking forward to getting and playing if they make the game. 

2 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I'm not sure if this counts because it's based on a TV show which is based off a movie, but The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance - Tactics is single-handedly the worst tie-in game I have ever played. It has zero artistic merits on any count, and I do not exaggerate. Its story does not appeal to TDC fans. Its gameplay does not appeal to strategy RPG (SRPG) fans. Its user interface is broken. Its graphical fidelity is unsuitable for the platforms it's on. Its soundtrack is barren, its voice acting nonexistent. This is the only game that I hated and did not develop Stockholm Syndrome for when playing it to completion. The fact that 1.5% of Steam players have completed this game on New Game+ tells me that I failed to properly inform the other 1.4%. I will forever kick myself for that.

I would have to disagree about Disney's "incredibly average" games. I think as the generations went on you're right, but I think around the fifth/sixth generation of consoles they were pretty good. I hear a lot of compliments given to Aladdin and such for the fourth generation systems also.

Actually, The Dark Crystal is a movie. It's an 80's movie using muppets and created by Jim Henson. It's almost as old as I am. Another of Jim Henson's more notable films along the same lines from the 80's is Labyrinth. If you haven't seen either one, I highly recommend seeing them. they're both amazing must-have's for any fantasy nut. Or non-millenials wanting to reconnect with their inner child.

8 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Actually, The Dark Crystal is a movie. It's an 80's movie using muppets and created by Jim Henson. It's almost as old as I am. Another of Jim Henson's more notable films along the same lines from the 80's is Labyrinth. If you haven't seen either one, I highly recommend seeing them. they're both amazing must-have's for any fantasy nut. Or non-millenials wanting to reconnect with their inner child.

I'm aware of The Dark Crystal being a movie, I'm just having an autistic moment about "is it OK to mention a TV show based off the movie?" xD

But yes, I've seen Labyrinth when my partner and I were having our first week staying together. The Goblin King is one of her favourite cosplays, and I have to say I can't imagine anyone but Bowie playing him. It's an incredible movie!

Jim Henson and his Creature Shop have been involved in quite a few video games. Muppet Monster Adventure is a very typical 3D platformer but has some interesting enough ideas. And then there's, err, Rascal.

13 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I haven't seen the movie yet. How in the world am I supposed to be able to get it now? Could it be available on Netflix?