Register Now
Kane99

How is Discord on Xbox?

I heard a while ago that you can add Discord to Xbox now, and it shows all your discord friends and servers and such. But is it worth using? I'm kind of tempted to connect my account, but I am kinda privitate, in that I don't like people seeing when I'm online. If I appear offline on Xbox, it won't show me online on Discord correct? 

I’ve not tried Discord on the Xbox but I imagine it’s a pretty awkward experience considering using on apps on the Xbox is difficult and not an intuitive experience by any means. It’d be much better on PC.

Xbox been trying to make their gaming console more interesting by adding social media to it's features. I think discord is easier to set up on Xbox than other Xbox series. Just go to your Xbox settings and go to linked accounts you can get access to discord from there.

On 5/19/2022 at 2:00 AM, Justin11 said:

I never really taken into notice of such feature before, as a non Xbox user, it's tremendous for such feature to be around Xbox series, it will be more interesting for those discord users who are Xbox owners. 

Gamers who share the same Interests in games can now create a group in discord and communicate on the platform with their Xbox console.. I think this a very cool features kudo's to Xbox for this.

That's an advantage for Xbox users, they can easily import their discord account over to Xbox. Just that the op couldn't stress the kind of Xbox consoles that can perform such operation, if it's all or the current editions of Xbox. 

On 5/31/2022 at 3:23 PM, Clasher said:

Gamers who share the same Interests in games can now create a group in discord and communicate on the platform with their Xbox console.. I think this a very cool features kudo's to Xbox for this.

Yes of course, it's a unique feature for those Xbox users. I just hope Sony follows this step in the feature, and create an Discord or Twitter, Facebook section around it's console for gamers to engage on just as Xbox users via Discord. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes of course, it's a unique feature for those Xbox users. I just hope Sony follows this step in the feature, and create an Discord or Twitter, Facebook section around it's console for gamers to engage on just as Xbox users via Discord. 

Yeah I share same thought too, well PS4 has some internet features but they didn't make it social media compatible. It would be a good development if Sony incorporate discord or any other social platform into their consoles.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

Yeah I share same thought too, well PS4 has some internet features but they didn't make it social media compatible. It would be a good development if Sony incorporate discord or any other social platform into their consoles.

It has a store feature, where you can purchase video games using your console when you have an account with them. But the social media feature eludes them, we'll love to see it added to the maligned Sony consoles. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It has a store feature, where you can purchase video games using your console when you have an account with them. But the social media feature eludes them, we'll love to see it added to the maligned Sony consoles. 

Maybe the console developers hasn't thought about that, the PS5 has a web browser but I heard it's only very good for text and not for video or audio streaming but you can still stream music from Spotify with your Ps5 console. Maybe Sony might add social media features to its next console.

On 6/5/2022 at 12:11 PM, Clasher said:

Maybe the console developers hasn't thought about that, the PS5 has a web browser but I heard it's only very good for text and not for video or audio streaming but you can still stream music from Spotify with your Ps5 console. Maybe Sony might add social media features to its next console.

I know on the PS4 you can link your Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Twitch to upload, share and stream screenshots and video straight from the console, I've used it before. I don't own a PS5, but as far as I can see, you can do the same thing from the PS5 and it looks like a very similar feature. More details from Sony here. The Spotify feature is also still there, but as far as I can tell the instructions on how to implement it differ per region, so you will have to check with your local instruction. Here's the UK and US instructions for reference.

As for Discord on PS5, the short answer is you can't. PlayStation don't allow the app to be installed most likely to direct people to thier own in-built chat service PlayStation Party Chat instead. There is a workaround I found from tech site Alphr.com involving the use of the PS5's browser to access Discord, but honestly if you want to use Discord to chat with people while playing PlayStation games, I would just Discord on a separate mobile device or computer instead with a one sided earpiece connected to said device so you can still hear the TV.

EDIT: Now that that's been said, I'd like this thread to get back on track please. This is an Xbox thread, not a PlayStation thread after all.

Edited by Shagger

I know that Xbox and Microsoft have made a lot of progress for Discord on Xbox, and I know it is now available for all to use. The only downside to it at the moment is that you have to connect to chats through your phone rather than through the Xbox yourself but then you can talk through your headset on the Xbox once you are connected. I do know this is changing though soon and you will soon be able to use Discord through your Xbox to join chats without the use of your phone. I am personally waiting for that update so that I don't have to mess about with my phone and getting it to connect before I can join chats as that is a bit of a pain.