Register Now
The Blackangel

Design Your Own Xbox Controller

Sadly it's pretty limited. If they allowed you to upload your own skins and colors, I'd take advantage of it. But from what I've seen of it, they don't give you a whole lot of options. You can pretty much color it however you want, add different color buttons, etc. But I'd prefer if they allowed us to modify it however we want, as long as it doesn't trip up some copyright issues or something. 

Though I must admit, they added a ton to their current design lab. I'm seeing you can get a metal Dpads and triggers, so I am kinda tempted to make one. But not sure I'm down to pay nearly $100 for all the bells and whistles. 

It's pretty cool especially as the price difference isn't too huge so it's not going to cost you an arm and a leg to get one (for a basic one anyway). I really do wish Sony did something similar with the PlayStation 5 DualSense. 

1 hour ago, Darth said:

It's pretty cool especially as the price difference isn't too huge so it's not going to cost you an arm and a leg to get one (for a basic one anyway). I really do wish Sony did something similar with the PlayStation 5 DualSense. 

That would be awesome if Sony was to get in on this. I would want to see it for the PS4 as well, since that’s what the majority of Playstation gamers are still playing. The most comfortable controller in existence completely customized? They would be raking it in.

I checked it out and it's quite cool, though its limited and you can't modify every single bit of the controller. I feel Sony should que from this and also make something of this sort available to PlayStation users. Because the original PlayStation controllers are quite boring and Xbox is Known to come with Better looking controllers.

Edited by Clasher

This is actually a really sweet thing from Microsoft, it means you can make a controller design that is pretty much exclusive to you and I think that is awesome. I have messed about with their design program on the site and gone through and made quite a few unique designs myself just to mess about and see what I could come up with. It's great but it can get quite pricey. I suppose for a controller that is your own design and unique to you though, it's worth the money. I believe you also get a year warranty with the controllers as well at no extra cost so that is awesome as well if anything were to go wrong with the controller within that year. I always say that if something is going to go wrong, it will within the first year.

4 hours ago, Shortie said:

This is actually a really sweet thing from Microsoft, it means you can make a controller design that is pretty much exclusive to you and I think that is awesome. I have messed about with their design program on the site and gone through and made quite a few unique designs myself just to mess about and see what I could come up with. It's great but it can get quite pricey. I suppose for a controller that is your own design and unique to you though, it's worth the money. I believe you also get a year warranty with the controllers as well at no extra cost so that is awesome as well if anything were to go wrong with the controller within that year. I always say that if something is going to go wrong, it will within the first year.

I just wish they would allow you to add photos or other custom made graphics. They allow you to change the color of pretty much everything, which is awesome, but I wish they offered more options for consumers. Like an option to add your own graphics, or the ability to fully customize the colors, including the buttons any color you want. 

As well, I feel like you could get a standard controller for much cheaper. Also I wish they had more font options for the gamertag option. idk, I just wish they'd add more customization options. Allow us to add our own button designs and all that jazz. 😄