Register Now
GeppyX

Will PS5 EVER be widely available?

On 3/10/2022 at 10:52 PM, Syntax said:

Yes it just takes time with the whole shortage of parts, and these people who are just reselling the consoles online for a huge amount to stop doing so.

The resellers are trying to make profits and we can't really blame them since they are there to make ends meet. What Sony should do is to ensure more of the consoles are sent into the market.

On 12/8/2021 at 9:26 AM, GeppyX said:

The question is will PS5 ever be widely available? It's a valid question. Last year the Gamestop employees said that people should just wait until about March. Well, here we are in December at the turn of the New Year. This is a joke. At this rate, we don't know if there will be PS5s available a year from now either. What's gonna change between now and then? It's not crazy to think that by the time PS5 is available, PS6 will be about ready to come out. How crazy is that? Well, it's been more than a year and I can't get a PS5 any easier than I could last year. That's never happened.

At this point, do you recommend paying the scalper price? If push comes to shove and the only people that will ever get to have a PS5 are the ones willing to pay scalpers price, then should you go for it? How is Sony gonna make money with the PS5 and the games if most people don't buy it? What's their solution? 

I don't want to get into any politics at all, but I just came up with a prediction model a second ago and Sony may have been ahead of me by a few notches by saying that the PS5 will be readily available late 2022 going into 2023:

Sony says PS5 shortages will end… by 2024 (inputmag.com)

I would until what Sony is saying. I'm not trying to bring politics into the matter, but Sony themselves are saying that political situations have slowed down their business and at the end of 2022 they should be able to finally look at closing the gap. 

I wonder which of the political matter showed their business down and the production of their PS5... Are they trying to say about 'Russian - Ukrainian war? It might be a major excuse too, since they are based there, but their are other countries who aren't overshadowed with war, and political matters, they should move over there and continue their video game project. 

On 8/21/2022 at 5:37 PM, NightmareFarm said:

Not until like 2024.

I don't know why there are still shortages since the pandemic is over but it is what it is.

They are pushing for a price increase. I don't think gamers are worried about the price now as all they need is for the Playstation 5 to be available for the public. 

23 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

So Sony is going to up more PS5 shipments next year, sounds like we may finally see them on store shelves.

They have gotten tired because most of the gamers are getting used to living their life. I hope they don't screw things up with a hike in price.

On 8/21/2022 at 11:37 AM, NightmareFarm said:

I don't know why there are still shortages since the pandemic is over but it is what it is.

That's not entirely correct. Some countries have come out of it, but it's far from over. There are many nations with lacking medical care that are still in the midst of it.

On 8/21/2022 at 6:28 AM, Justin11 said:

I wonder which of the political matter slowed their business down and the production of their PS5. Are they trying to say about 'Russian - Ukrainian war? It might be a major excuse too, since they are based there, but their are other countries who aren't overshadowed with war, and political matters, they should move over there and continue their video game project. 

If you're talking about Sony in general, they're based in Tokyo Japan. The PlayStation is made between China and Japan. They have no bases in Russia or Ukraine.

Edited by The Blackangel

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's not entirely correct. Some countries have come out of it, but it's far from over. There are many nations with lacking medical care that are still in the midst of it.

If you're talking about Sony in general, they're based in Tokyo Japan. The PlayStation is made between China and Japan. They have no bases in Russia or Ukraine.

The vast majority have came out of it. Including US and Japan which are the most relevant to this dicussion. 

On 10/13/2022 at 11:32 PM, Ajibusu said:

They have gotten tired because most of the gamers are getting used to living their life. I hope they don't screw things up with a hike in price.

PS5 prices have already gone up in some places though, can't blame them, just a sign of the times.

On 10/15/2022 at 8:04 AM, Demon_skeith said:

PS5 prices have already gone up in some places though, can't blame them, just a sign of the times.

Most of my friends that want to buy are now not bothered about the price anymore. They just want to get their Playstation 5 and feel among the big boys.

On 10/19/2022 at 5:26 AM, Ajibusu said:

Most of my friends that want to buy are now not bothered about the price anymore. They just want to get their Playstation 5 and feel among the big boys.

That's true though, a lot of people are no longer bothered about the price and once there is news of PlayStation 5 console in stock at any store it gets sold out immediately.