Register Now
Kane99

What websites do you use to get in depth game details?

Not in terms of user opinions, but like wikis and details on the game as a whole, including cast of characters, plot outlines, and so on. I know sites like Giantbomb do this, where they list off pretty much most games known to man. It gives you details about the game, their developers, publishers, year or release and more. Another site I have used was mobygames, but I found another that seems to have a bigger database of games and that's IGDB. I think it's short for indie games database, but I'm pretty sure it lists all games instead of just indie. I had no idea it was run by twitch either. Pretty cool.

Those are just the sites I use. I know there are some other wiki sites, some just wiki's of a game. But I would prefer a more in depth database for games, like how Giantbomb and IGDB does it. 

I get most of the information about things from sites that I mostly visits, like gaming fourms that I post or read about or from what sites that may appear when I read the front page. But there is no real to go to sites for information.  I hear more from other people 🙂 

19 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

YouTube, twitch-follows and VGR.com/forum. At times I do some Google search. But my main source of information around video game is VGR forum. 

There are lots of such video games forums where you can follow up on gaming discussions and news which VGR is among them on the list. 

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/big-gaming-forums-video-game-talk/

On 1/25/2022 at 10:54 AM, Boblee said:

There are lots of such video games forums where you can follow up on gaming discussions and news which VGR is among them on the list. 

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/big-gaming-forums-video-game-talk/

Thanks alot for you to spot this 13 wonderful gaming sites which VGR is among. I've visited Minecraft forum, GameStop before, I love them, but I feel at home here. 

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Thanks alot for you to spot this 13 wonderful gaming sites which VGR is among. I've visited Minecraft forum, GameStop before, I love them, but I feel at home here. 

I ran like a bat 🦇 out of hell when I touched down on Minecraft forum. The game isn't really my thing, so the discussion there wasn't going to work for me. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When you aren't comfortable with the niche selection of the forum, you aren't going to feel at home there. I believe such is what impacted you to depart so easily at Minecraft forum. 

The truth of the matter is that I never really clicked with playing the game, so I had like zero contributions to make in the community. What's the essence of being there? 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

The truth of the matter is that I never really clicked with playing the game, so I had like zero contributions to make in the community. What's the essence of being there? 

Their is no essence being around the Minecraft forum when it isn't beneficial to you. I never loved being around toxic gamers in order not to be affected by their toxic words.