Register Now
StormyFire

Microtransactions

NFT are pure scam though like jpg costing 1000 USD worth? I mean there are people who work for 1K USD for a month. I hope this non sense drama of NFT ends. I don't mind paying for skins and the items in game to support the developers but can't stand fake NFT in gaming industry. A lot of games are forcing you to buy those nft and other items to play. 

Back when I played Clash of Clans, I bought a few things such as gems and some extra builders. And I have bought the battle pass a few times on Clash Royale since I play that currently. But the game has become a little bit bad recently so I have stopped spending money on the game. 

23 hours ago, skyfire said:

NFT are pure scam though like jpg costing 1000 USD worth? I mean there are people who work for 1K USD for a month. I hope this non sense drama of NFT ends. I don't mind paying for skins and the items in game to support the developers but can't stand fake NFT in gaming industry. A lot of games are forcing you to buy those nft and other items to play. 

Idk if I'd call it a scam, but I don't see a place or a need for it in video games. But its going to happen unfortunately and more games will adopt the option as well. 

I don't know about any companies forcing it on people. I think right now it's an option, but it's not like you're being forced to do it. 

On 12/27/2021 at 8:12 AM, skyfire said:

Hey it is, but if you can money of of it why not XD it is probably great that we might be able to make money selling silly NFTs XD

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Idk if I'd call it a scam, but I don't see a place or a need for it in video games. But its going to happen unfortunately and more games will adopt the option as well. 

I don't know about any companies forcing it on people. I think right now it's an option, but it's not like you're being forced to do it. 

Well considering Ubisoft's mercifully dismal sales of their NFT's, proving that gamers have more sense than these companies think, I'm not convinced that the idea going to stick.  That because not only is it most certainly a scam, it's one that creates shortages of GPU's, wastes energy, is harmful to the environment and at the end of the day it's a bunch of bits that are worth literally... NOTHING!

23 hours ago, Kane99 said:

What are you talking about? NFT games always have pay to play model. 

Have you played Axie infinity without paying a dime?

have you played karastar? gods unchained? splinterlands? all of these blockchain based games require you to buy items before playing game. 

I think you are not yet exposed to NFT market yet. It's purely gated model of gaming. It's not an option. 

I have in the past bought items in some games in the past such as Song Pop when I used to play that but to be honest, as much as I do have some games on my phone such as Call of Duty Mobile, Apex Legends, Rocket League Sideswipe, WWE SuperCards and BTS Island I haven't purchased anything in a while. I think if I was to ever purchase anything in anyone of those games it would probably be the Tiny Pass on BTS Island as that is the game I play the most on my phone in my spare time over all the others.

On 8/1/2023 at 3:23 PM, CoryAR said:

I've purchased so many Poke coins in Pokemon GO over the years, but I haven't made a purchase in a long time due to not making as much as I used to. I would blow so much on raid passes every time they put out a new Legendary Pokemon.

It is quite easy to be able to go overboard especially on a game that you frequently play. I myself can't say that I ever put money into Pokemon Go but I haven't played it in a while. I do have it installed and need to check it out again the next time I am out but I keep forgetting. I am actually surprised at how popular it still it 🙂

On 8/8/2023 at 6:23 PM, Shortie said:

It is quite easy to be able to go overboard especially on a game that you frequently play. I myself can't say that I ever put money into Pokemon Go but I haven't played it in a while. I do have it installed and need to check it out again the next time I am out but I keep forgetting. I am actually surprised at how popular it still it 🙂

Yeah, I'm glad I finally managed to control my purchases so it doesn't drain my wallet so quickly now.

I'm so glad Pokemon GO still has a huge player-base. Though, it's sad that they almost doubled the price of remote raid passes. I refuse to spend nearly 4 days worth of Poke coins on one remote raid pass unless it's like someone from overseas inviting me to a regional Pokemon raid for a Pokemon I don't have.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:50 PM, StormyFire said:

Do you buy any items in mobile games?

I have gotten a few packs on Clash of Clans but that's about it. A lot of mobile games have so many microtransactions that you'd go broke trying to buy everything. XD

Wellll my runescape items are able to be sold for IRL money and in my game I built I use a ton of NFTs haha