Register Now
StormyFire

Handheld or docked

When given the opportunity I definitely prefer docked due to a bigger screen and better sound. I do find myself using it more often as a handheld device though usually while my toddler sleeps. I love having the option of doing either.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I always play handheld, rarely I play docked, unless we are playing multiplayer mode on Mario Kart or Mario Party

I kinda wish more consoles did this handheld thing where you can dock it to play on TVs. I heard the steamdeck is actually including an adapter to game on TVs. Or is that old news? I forget. But still, I'd like Microsoft and Sony to do something with handhelds like what Nintendo has done. 

3 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I kinda wish more consoles did this handheld thing where you can dock it to play on TVs. I heard the steamdeck is actually including an adapter to game on TVs. Or is that old news? I forget. But still, I'd like Microsoft and Sony to do something with handhelds like what Nintendo has done. 

Apparently right now the steam deck doesnt come with a dock but one will be sold separately in the near future, and also I think some people have managed to connect it to their tvs without a dock. And I agree with you I wish more consoles had a similar function, like for example PS4 has remote play and you can use your android phone or ps vita but the quality is just awfull, I mean it works but if your internet connection is not steady you will get disconected every 5 min and the quality and lag is just shit. I wish they updated this.

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

The ps vita doesnt have dock mode actually

I know, it is handheld completely. I know Nintendo has both, but the handheld especially the switch type is more preferred at the current time. 

On 3/4/2022 at 6:02 PM, kingpotato said:

I always play handheld, rarely I play docked, unless we are playing multiplayer mode on Mario Kart or Mario Party

I used my Nintendo in a handheld situations too. Playing on docked is not how I enjoy playing them since I got the Playstation 4 to handle that.

I have had a Nintendo Switch since around November 2018 and I will admit that I have used the console way more docked than I have used it as a handheld but most of the time that is because I prefer to play games on a bigger screen and if I am in my living room anyway it makes more sense to play it docked unless someone else is using the TV at the time. During the Summer months I tend to use it a little more than I would normally as a handheld, especially when I am outside in the garden on a nice day and would still like to play a game when I am outside enjoying the sunshine. This year though due to the severe heatwaves we had here in the UK I didn't risk taking my Nintendo Switch outside as much as I would normally as I did hear that in those kind of temperatures, it would cause issues.

On 10/27/2022 at 5:31 PM, Shortie said:

I have had a Nintendo Switch since around November 2018 and I will admit that I have used the console way more docked than I have used it as a handheld but most of the time that is because I prefer to play games on a bigger screen and if I am in my living room anyway it makes more sense to play it docked unless someone else is using the TV at the time. During the Summer months I tend to use it a little more than I would normally as a handheld, especially when I am outside in the garden on a nice day and would still like to play a game when I am outside enjoying the sunshine. This year though due to the severe heatwaves we had here in the UK I didn't risk taking my Nintendo Switch outside as much as I would normally as I did hear that in those kind of temperatures, it would cause issues.

I only recently got the Nintendo switch OLED version and it has a dock mode for both single player and multiplayer video games.

My home country is normally hot but we didn't experience any heat wave though I don't normally take my Nintendo switch outside and it stay home most of the time unless I'm traveling.