Register Now
Kane99

Formula 1 style racing games

What are some of the best Formula 1 racing games out there? I think I only ever played one F1 game, and that was back in the PS1 or PS2 era. I've been kinda getting into racing again as of late since I've been playing Wreckfest, and was wondering if there are any new F1 style racing games releasing anytime soon? Or games that are already out? Maybe for PC and Xbox One? 

I'm open to trying many new games, so keep the suggestions flowing if you can. 

The only one I'm aware of on console is F1. I've tried 2019 and 2020, thanks to the Game Pass, and I have to say it's quite nice. There is a bit of a learning curve if you are completely new to F1 (like I was) but it does teach you quite a bit about the sport. 

33 minutes ago, Boblee said:

You can easily check this F1 2021 launch trailer and see if it's something that you would like to get into. I haven't played it yet by the way. 

Thanks, I'll check it out.

2 minutes ago, Darth said:

The only one I'm aware of on console is F1. I've tried 2019 and 2020, thanks to the Game Pass, and I have to say it's quite nice. There is a bit of a learning curve if you are completely new to F1 (like I was) but it does teach you quite a bit about the sport. 

Yeah same here. F1 is the only one I can think of, but I'm sure there are some others worth checking out that may not be named F1. All I know about F1 games, is that the cars go pretty fast lol. So I figure I'll need to take the game a little slow to get the rhythm and things down. 

If you’re looking to drive the Formula cars of the year and tracks as they do in real life then go for any of the Codemaster 202x F1 as it is the only official F1 SIM out there. Lots of online competition and the realism is pretty good. My second choice is IRacing then AC.

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Yeah same here. F1 is the only one I can think of, but I'm sure there are some others worth checking out that may not be named F1. All I know about F1 games, is that the cars go pretty fast lol. So I figure I'll need to take the game a little slow to get the rhythm and things down. 

Hopefully, you're going to like the game particularly. Although, I don't really fancy F1 racing in real life but I do enjoy it in video games. 

14 hours ago, Empire said:

If you’re looking to drive the Formula cars of the year and tracks as they do in real life then go for any of the Codemaster 202x F1 as it is the only official F1 SIM out there. Lots of online competition and the realism is pretty good. My second choice is IRacing then AC.

Nice, I'll check them out. iRacing sounds familiar, but I don't think I have ever tried it yet. Thanks for sharing! 🙂 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

Hopefully, you're going to like the game particularly. Although, I don't really fancy F1 racing in real life but I do enjoy it in video games. 

Yeah, not a fan of racing in real life. I like some racing games, but was never too big into F1, Nascar or racing in general. But in game form I am into a lot more. I even enjoy some hunting games/sims. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Nice, I'll check them out. iRacing sounds familiar, but I don't think I have ever tried it yet. Thanks for sharing! 🙂 

Yeah, not a fan of racing in real life. I like some racing games, but was never too big into F1, Nascar or racing in general. But in game form I am into a lot more. I even enjoy some hunting games/sims. 

F1 in real life really looks too dangerous for me to watch. The kind of crashes that I have witnessed in the race over the years have deterred my preferences for the sport race. 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

F1 is the only game I know of that is really popular and has been for a good while now. There's another one that came out a few years ago that was half decent but I just don't remember the name.

Yeah, a lot of people love the race. It's quite thrilling if you ask me. It's not your normal regular kind of racing, it's unique in its different ways. 

3 hours ago, o-o said:

I used to play F1 on computer; was kind of fun, but after a "quite decent" (I'd say) amount of time, I got tired of it and left it behind.

This is actually how it happens with all games that people get to move on from after playing for a while. Once the flair is no longer there, quiting is the next step.