Register Now
Kane99

Assassin's Creed should mix past and present again

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Looking at what Capcom is doing with the characters they make up in the game. They keep twisting the whole thing that some gamers get confused. AC might do that as well. 

Capcom? Not sure what you mean by Capcom. What capcom game are you referring to? 

Are you referring to them modernizing the characters more? 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Capcom? Not sure what you mean by Capcom. What capcom game are you referring to? 

Are you referring to them modernizing the characters more? 

I wasn't specifically precise in what I was trying to say. Capcom with Resident Evil is doing the same thing with just introducing new characters out of the blue, just like what they do in AC. 

On 12/12/2021 at 5:15 AM, Kane99 said:

They're already done remasters, but I can't see them doing those as often anymore. Assassin's Creed has been played out far too much, them making a remaster of any of the other games would be pointless. Unless it's Assassin's Creed II: Brotherhood. 

I understand that Assassins Creed has plenty editions, but old and remake versions. Remastering the old Assassins Creed which is the one and two isn't a bad one either. 

On 12/14/2021 at 2:14 AM, Justin11 said:

It's simply up for the devs to work on, because Assassins Creed serries are simply interesting and some editions deserve combination. 

The one good thing that would always remain the same for me and which I will always appreciate anytime I get to play any of the AC games would be the locations in the game. 

9 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The one good thing that would always remain the same for me and which I will always appreciate anytime I get to play any of the AC games would be the locations in the game. 

You've shown me the trailer of one of the AC game which looks superfluous via it's locations. I enjoyed watching the trailer you posted back then. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

You've shown me the trailer of one of the AC game which looks superfluous via it's locations. I enjoyed watching the trailer you posted back then. 

Yeah, it's the one good thing about the game. It's just like what's obtainable in the game Skyrim. It's got massive locations that are beautiful. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, it's the one good thing about the game. It's just like what's obtainable in the game Skyrim. It's got massive locations that are beautiful. 

Yeah, I saw the different kinds of location it comes with, which is beautiful ones, making video games realistic options through the latest development coming through it. 

I have to say that there is something very important to note with the animus storyline that has evolved into something pretty great in the latest games, even though they do show less of it. I agree the whole animus was a little confusing in past AC games, which I think most of the hate comes from. But through the whole series, that present day story with the animus is the backbone of everything. And you really don't get how meaningful it really is until you break away from the past series into a more mythical series. I'll explain best I can w/o spoilers. Most of the early Creed series is around Renaissance Italy (1400-1500's) then later events in 1700-1800's. The latest games take place from 400's BCE - 800's CE. So what is that significance? During the earlier time was the age of polytheism and later centuries was monotheism. So the animus story and ISU really adds a lot of brilliance to the plot when taking in the consideration of Gods, ISU, and modern technology. Origins wouldn't be the same w/o it; Odyssey wouldn't be the same w/o it, and Valhalla wouldn't be the same w/o it. I think that those that don't like the animus in older AC games have justification for not liking it, but need a re-evaluation in the newer games to understand its importance. How they link it all up is amazing and mind blowing. 

The future story has always been a stain on the series, and I'm glad they've distanced themselves from it. It was pointless in AC1, and in AC3 it jumped the shark so hard with the solar flare apocalypse that I still groan whenever I get forced back into it. I really think they should just end the AC series and transition their current vein of historical fantasy games into a new IP, that would give them a lot more freedom to create accurate historical fiction/historical fantasy games without having to tie everything into an overarching narrative.

I think it's time for ubisoft to rethink the whole ac formula again because let's face it origins, oddysey and valhalla while all great games they have nothing in common with the original ac games they are just action rpg's with the ac name slabbed on it. In valhalla stealth is pretty damn near impossible where in origins and oddysey it was still possible to clear out an enemy camp. I personally find valhalla a downgrade from odyssey i don't know why like going on your first raid is pretty epic and all but it get's old pretty fast, as are the side missions which can be completed in a matter of minutes. The story and side characters are also not the most interesting where in odyssey you got a whole host of memorable side characters like barnabas for example.

Anyways about present day Assasins creed i don't really mind it but other then for story purposes there isen't really much to do in the present day ac segments kind of wished ubisoft added a little something more. Maya is a much better character then desmond , maybe even one you give two fucks about sadly i doubt she will be returning in the next game and we wil probably play as basim in both present and past which in all honesty is not the most interesting character to begin with, my best bet would be that the next game will take place in india.

Overall the modern segments have become more interesting over the years. I diden't really liked the whole first person view we had in black flag and rogue but atleast you could walk around and hack some computers, the modern story in rogue ended in a major cliffhanger that has not been adressed to this day and probably never will, i think unity also ended up being the same way but i can't remember too much about it to go into detail.

Just to go back to the topic title now with Basim back from the dead (kinda hard to explain without spoilers) but if you played trough valhalla you'll know what i mean, it could be the perfect way to implant both past and present and make some sense for once.

Also that assasins from watch dogs legion what was she called Darcy, bring her in as a present ac protagonist. 

Edited by Yaramaki

On 7/8/2022 at 2:44 PM, Yaramaki said:

I think it's time for ubisoft to rethink the whole ac formula again because let's face it origins, oddysey and valhalla while all great games they have nothing in common with the original ac games they are just action rpg's with the ac name slabbed on it

You've just spoken a piece of my mind, the whole series doesn't actually relate they all bring in different case scenerios that doesn't try to explain or would help complement or supplement the previous name off the series. It's just like a whole new story with each release.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

... . It's just like a whole new story with each release.

There are some games that are designed in such manner. Game's like Far Cry Series. All of them comes with a different storyline that's not connected to the previous release. It kind of makes the game more interesting for me to play. 

I believe every edition has its own role to play, and the story should differ from it's previous editions. If you repeat same features into its sequel, then their is no difference. AC editions are mixed up with different storyline, I wouldn't have loved the series had it been the sequel is same with the previous edition. 

All I really want in an AC game, is to play in a modern setting as an assassin. But, one who doesn't utilize guns but his ancestors weapons. I mean, imagine climbing the buildings, having to deal with gunmen, and others with more advanced weapons. I think it'd be cool. Because we know the Animus storyline has to go somewhere I feel. Cause wasn't the whole thing about the Animus that it was run by corrupt people, in turn the templars?

I remember AC 2 or brotherhood you played a Desmond during some points and you had the abilities his ancestors had. So I wanted more of that, where you were an assassin in modern times. 

On 7/10/2022 at 12:11 AM, Heatman said:

There are some games that are designed in such manner. Game's like Far Cry Series. All of them comes with a different storyline that's not connected to the previous release. It kind of makes the game more interesting for me to play. 

I have only played far cry 6 so I wouldn't be able to say much about it. 

I have played atleast four titles off the Assassin's Creed series and I could say that they need to do a bit more by adding past and present scenes so there could be some sort of relationship between the previous and newer titles.