Register Now
Kane99

Assassin's Creed should mix past and present again

On 7/11/2022 at 9:53 PM, Kane99 said:

All I really want in an AC game, is to play in a modern setting as an assassin. But, one who doesn't utilize guns but his ancestors weapons. I mean, imagine climbing the buildings, having to deal with gunmen, and others with more advanced weapons. I think it'd be cool. Because we know the Animus storyline has to go somewhere I feel. Cause wasn't the whole thing about the Animus that it was run by corrupt people, in turn the templars?

I remember AC 2 or brotherhood you played a Desmond during some points and you had the abilities his ancestors had. So I wanted more of that, where you were an assassin in modern times. 

This is exactly what still makes me play the older versions or releases of Assassin's Creed because it's where the concept of the game really made a lot of sense.

I'm not trying to say they didn't do well in their subsequent releases but the older one's represented the story in its true nature and gameplay. 

On 7/30/2022 at 6:36 AM, Heatman said:

This is exactly what still makes me play the older versions or releases of Assassin's Creed because it's where the concept of the game really made a lot of sense.

I'm not trying to say they didn't do well in their subsequent releases but the older one's represented the story in its true nature and gameplay. 

Idk, I mainly just want to see an assassin in modern times, not like your traditional assassin who uses guns and other means, but an assassin from this world. One who uses the hidden blades, and old weapons. Maybe they can include some kind of dart gun, bow and arrow etc, but no actual guns. I know ac had some guns in later games, but I'd prefer not to even use guns when you have the abilities an assassin has. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Idk, I mainly just want to see an assassin in modern times, not like your traditional assassin who uses guns and other means, but an assassin from this world. One who uses the hidden blades, and old weapons. Maybe they can include some kind of dart gun, bow and arrow etc, but no actual guns. I know ac had some guns in later games, but I'd prefer not to even use guns when you have the abilities an assassin has. 

It's just like how it's done in some of the Ninja Assassin's games that have been developed in the past. There was one that I played on mobile phone years which I can't remember the name right now ; it was strictly based on the use of swords for assassination in a stealth gameplay. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's just like how it's done in some of the Ninja Assassin's games that have been developed in the past. There was one that I played on mobile phone years which I can't remember the name right now ; it was strictly based on the use of swords for assassination in a stealth gameplay. 

Not sure about any mobile games, but I know of Tenchu, but that isn't in modern times or anything. Maybe the Xbox Ninja Gaiden games? Those may have taken place in modern times, but I've never played them. I hear they're notoriously tough games. 

Anyway, I just want to be able to climb up massive cities as an person from the Assassin's brotherhood, because I could see that being quite fun. An assassin living in modern times, who doesn't use new weapons, but the ones his ancestors used. I think it'd be pretty cool. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Not sure about any mobile games, but I know of Tenchu, but that isn't in modern times or anything. Maybe the Xbox Ninja Gaiden games? Those may have taken place in modern times, but I've never played them. I hear they're notoriously tough games. 

Anyway, I just want to be able to climb up massive cities as an person from the Assassin's brotherhood, because I could see that being quite fun. An assassin living in modern times, who doesn't use new weapons, but the ones his ancestors used. I think it'd be pretty cool. 

That's true, it reminds me of the movie wanted starring Angelina Jolie who belong to a league of assassin's who were taught to use bow's and arrows , swords and daggers and guns with the ability to bend bullet's to go in whatever direction they desire and use all this skill to silently assassinate their targets.

I think incorporating ancient assassin creed weapons in a modern world would be a great idea for any future assassin Creed video game.

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm wondering if you have happened to play Dishonored? From my little time with playing the game, I think that it offers something like using the old assassin's ways to kill in stealth. Although, the game's environment is quite dark to my liking but generally its something similar to what we are looking for in Assassin's Creed gameplay. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm wondering if you have happened to play Dishonored? From my little time with playing the game, I think that it offers something like using the old assassin's ways to kill in stealth. Although, the game's environment is quite dark to my liking but generally its something similar to what we are looking for in Assassin's Creed gameplay. 

I played the first Dishonored, really liked it a lot. I've been meaning to play Dishonored 2 and the other DLCs I missed, but just haven't pushed myself to do it. I think it's available on game pass as well as I'm pretty sure I downloaded it at some point. But I eventually deleted it to make room for other games. 

On top of that, my Xbox one is starting to go I think. Everytime my bro boots up RDR2 it shuts down on him. Going to try and clean it to see if that sorts it. It always gives me the error to make sure vents are clear of stuff. 

On 8/3/2022 at 7:44 PM, Kane99 said:

I played the first Dishonored, really liked it a lot. I've been meaning to play Dishonored 2 and the other DLCs I missed, but just haven't pushed myself to do it. I think it's available on game pass as well as I'm pretty sure I downloaded it at some point. But I eventually deleted it to make room for other games. 

On top of that, my Xbox one is starting to go I think. Everytime my bro boots up RDR2 it shuts down on him. Going to try and clean it to see if that sorts it. It always gives me the error to make sure vents are clear of stuff. 

The first release of the game Dishonored was a blast and so is the second one. I think that the second one was just slightly better in terms of its gameplay mechanics. I enjoyed playing both of them. There was good similarities between the games and the early releases of Assassin’s Creed games. 

I read in your order post about the overheating issue of your Xbox One which might be dust/dirt problem. I share a video on how to clean it. You should try it out and I hope it works. 

54 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The first release of the game Dishonored was a blast and so is the second one. I think that the second one was just slightly better in terms of its gameplay mechanics. I enjoyed playing both of them. There was good similarities between the games and the early releases of Assassin’s Creed games. 

I read in your order post about the overheating issue of your Xbox One which might be dust/dirt problem. I share a video on how to clean it. You should try it out and I hope it works. 

Yeah I don't really count Dishonored since it doesn't take place in modern days. Actually I think it takes place in the future if I'm not mistaken. But I could be wrong on that. 

And yeah, it's due for a good cleaning. That and the power brick as that too is kinda dusty. 

This makes me think of the story of Assassin's Creed, I'm not really sure that they could pull off the same story mechanic with gameplay at this point, because it would become cliché? Or maybe a copy and paste reskin template. 🤔 Hmmm...

3 hours ago, Gonassis said:

This makes me think of the story of Assassin's Creed, I'm not really sure that they could pull off the same story mechanic with gameplay at this point, because it would become cliché? Or maybe a copy and paste reskin template. 🤔 Hmmm...

Ubisoft have been sloopy when it comes to copying other game's mechanics and they were actually caught red handed with what they did with Assassin's Creed : Odyssey in copying both the game mechanics and used in The Witcher : Wild Hunt and Middle Earth : Shadow of War.

https://vocal.media/gamers/assassin-s-creed-odyssey-and-the-perils-of-copy-and-paste-syndrome

On 8/7/2022 at 7:24 AM, Heatman said:

Ubisoft have been sloopy when it comes to copying other game's mechanics and they were actually caught red handed with what they did with Assassin's Creed : Odyssey in copying both the game mechanics and used in The Witcher : Wild Hunt and Middle Earth : Shadow of War.

https://vocal.media/gamers/assassin-s-creed-odyssey-and-the-perils-of-copy-and-paste-syndrome

Yeah, but I think most studios do this, take ideas that work in other games. It just seems like AC is replicating these ideas because they work. But they need to make it different enough to where it's okay. I think in this case it is within their rights, but it is lazy to copy it so close. 

Many games do this stuff though, take ideas and inspiration from other games. Many have taken the weapon wheel idea from GTA, because it works.

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, but I think most studios do this, take ideas that work in other games. It just seems like AC is replicating these ideas because they work. But they need to make it different enough to where it's okay. I think in this case it is within their rights, but it is lazy to copy it so close. 

Many games do this stuff though, take ideas and inspiration from other games. Many have taken the weapon wheel idea from GTA, because it works.

Yeah, that's a fact. All of them are guilty of it. Activision Blizzard did it, EA did it and even Capcom is the worst at it if you ask me.

It all boils down to the fact that all of the video games companies now lack the creativity to develop something that's original and unique from the scratch. 

On 8/9/2022 at 4:51 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's a fact. All of them are guilty of it. Activision Blizzard did it, EA did it and even Capcom is the worst at it if you ask me.

It all boils down to the fact that all of the video games companies now lack the creativity to develop something that's original and unique from the scratch. 

I don't know, I wouldn't say that so much. I think a lot of these ideas are fine to replicate in other games, as long as it's not 100% copied and is made their own, it should be fine. THat's the beauty of this sort of thing, because legally people can make similar styles of games, but they need to make it their own and not copy it to a point where it's exactly the same thing. It needs to be changed just enough and even be an improvement in some ways for it to be allowed. 

That's why you see so many similar devices out there. Because people produce products to compete with those things. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I don't know, I wouldn't say that so much. I think a lot of these ideas are fine to replicate in other games, as long as it's not 100% copied and is made their own, it should be fine. THat's the beauty of this sort of thing, because legally people can make similar styles of games, but they need to make it their own and not copy it to a point where it's exactly the same thing. It needs to be changed just enough and even be an improvement in some ways for it to be allowed. 

That's why you see so many similar devices out there. Because people produce products to compete with those things. 

These guys copy and lift other's work 100% sometimes and they have been made to pay for it. I'm not sure if Ubisoft have been caught to pay for settlement in court but others have been down that road. Take for instance with Capcom when they were faced with a lawsuit of $12 million for being accused of using about 80 photographys of a designer by name Juracek. 

https://www.polygon.com/22519568/resident-evil-4-copyright-infringement-lawsuit-capcom