Register Now
Kane99

Did you ever modify your console with your own art?

Have you ever modified your consoles with your own art? I remember back when I had a 360, I did some art on my faceplate, but it wasn't anything special. I know that a lot of people modified their own consoles with their own art. Have you ever done that? I wouldn't mind painting an old console and making some cool design. Would you ever do that with a newer console? 

I put some of those puffy stickers that were popular at the time on my first Nintendo. They were all NES related. SMB and TLOZ mainly. I've thought about painting some of my systems but haven't done it yet. I've found a guy who makes fully functional wooden Nintendo systems. I've thought about buying one just for the novelty.

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I put some of those puffy stickers that were popular at the time on my first Nintendo. They were all NES related. SMB and TLOZ mainly. I've thought about painting some of my systems but haven't done it yet. I've found a guy who makes fully functional wooden Nintendo systems. I've thought about buying one just for the novelty.

Oh cool! My last 360 I put a buncha stickers on it. I got these stickers when I checked into shows online back in the day, and they would send you a sheet of stickers for all the shows you watched and signed in for. I had a bunch from tv shows like Game of Thrones, Dexter, Community, The League and more. Other than that, I also had a Flight of the Conchords sticker on it. Sadly that consoles disc drive died on me, so I put it in an old box and stuffed it in the closet. I eventually got another 360 that I put one Flight of the conchord decal on, and that was it. 

There are some really nice custom designs out there for every console but I just couldn't do it to one of my own. I just like how they look originally so I don't really want to ruin that by trying to painting the shells or by bombarding it with a huge number of random sticks.

On 1/1/2022 at 11:30 AM, Darth said:

There are some really nice custom designs out there for every console but I just couldn't do it to one of my own. I just like how they look originally so I don't really want to ruin that by trying to painting the shells or by bombarding it with a huge number of random sticks.

I agree. There are some really nice custom designs out there but I could not do my own either.

While I am decent at drawing I am not skilled enough to do a design on a console. I would just ruin it. 
I have put stickers on consoles though. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

My Playstation 4 is currently wearing a Ghost of Tsushima skin and it's so cool. I'm looking at getting Skyrim skin too. 

Only for one console? It will be jam-packed, it will be better for you to look for something different. 

On 4/19/2022 at 12:39 AM, Justin11 said:

Only for one console? It will be jam-packed, it will be better for you to look for something different. 

No, it is not jam-packed like you put it. Maybe you haven't seen one upfront cos I can tell you that it really look nice. 

81795070_images(32).jpeg.bbdf39f7a3bb51ca63d2be5db8008cd7.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

No, it is not jam-packed like you put it. Maybe you haven't seen one upfront cos I can tell you that it really look nice. 

81795070_images(32).jpeg.bbdf39f7a3bb51ca63d2be5db8008cd7.jpeg

Yeah, I've seen it you're right. It isn't congested here, I was thinking it would be jam-packed, but never. It looks awesome in the eyes I must confess with what I saw in the two skins. 

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, I've seen it you're right. It isn't congested here, I was thinking it would be jam-packed, but never. It looks awesome in the eyes I must confess with what I saw in the two skins. 

There was another skin of Red Dead Redemption 2 if you read up this thread. It's nice but the color in it was too much for my liking. 

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

There was another skin of Red Dead Redemption 2 if you read up this thread. It's nice but the color in it was too much for my liking. 

The one behind Ghost of Tsushima cover right? I see something in resemblance of Red Dead Redemption cover in there. If so, both of them made up a wonderful collaboration in your console. 

Well, technically this isn't my own artwork or customisation, but my current PS4 Pro is a pretty sweet Star Wars themed limited edition. I actually found it second hand at my local CEX (or Entertainment Exchange) store for about £200 I think a year or two ago. I was only looking for a replacement for my broken console, so I was pretty chuffed to find this.

291422333_PS4ProStarWars.thumb.jpg.4f160adcd79cc969d8f5231071f948c4.jpg

Edited by Shagger