Register Now
Kane99

Do you sometimes prefer to watch others game instead?

Do you guys like to sometimes watch others play video games instead of you? Maybe you want to watch your favorite lets players, or maybe you just want to watch a playthrough for a game you don't ever intend to play. Do you ever do anything like that? Or do you prefer to play the game yourself and experience it by your own hands? I don't mind watching others play, because I can't play every game, and I figure if I can at least watch some lets plays I can see games I never would have played. 

I get why some wouldn't like it, but I think it's fine. As long as you enjoy it, why does it matter which way you view it? 

Watching people play video games, either in person or online with commentary, feels like a social occasion for me. Even if I can't talk back to whoever is playing, it's fun to watch people play games, especially if I've played whatever game they have before, and see how they go about tackling whatever problems they face. Sometimes their reactions are just really funny. I've mainly been watching Joel and Vinny from Vinesauce.

I don't watch that many people play other games now, to be honest. It used to be something I did quite a bit especially for the games I played quite a bit but it eventually got a bit too boring. So for me, I would definitely prefer to play the game instead of just watching someone else do it.

Sometimes. Once in a while I like to sit back and watch @Rain Dew play. Especially if she's playing RDR2. I have always enjoyed watching her play that. I've played it infinitely  more than she has at this point, but I still like watching her play. Once in a while she enjoys watching me play, but not as much as I enjoy watching her.

15 hours ago, Empire said:

Watching people play video games, either in person or online with commentary, feels like a social occasion for me. Even if I can't talk back to whoever is playing, it's fun to watch people play games, especially if I've played whatever game they have before, and see how they go about tackling whatever problems they face. Sometimes their reactions are just really funny. I've mainly been watching Joel and Vinny from Vinesauce.

It does. I can also sometimes see myself hanging out with these lets players, because they seem to be into the same stuff I am into. So yeah, I can see it being like that for sure. 

9 hours ago, Darth said:

I don't watch that many people play other games now, to be honest. It used to be something I did quite a bit especially for the games I played quite a bit but it eventually got a bit too boring. So for me, I would definitely prefer to play the game instead of just watching someone else do it.

I get that. I kinda got tired of watching some lets players, but there are some that I still check out from time to time. I watch Game Grumps because they can be entertaining, and I also watch Funhaus from time to time. 

8 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I used to watch my brother play sometimes before he moved to Richmond, VA.  Now I mostly watch Kamikazegames and I like when he strays off topic.

I sometimes watch my bro play, and he'll sometimes do the same if I play. But I mostly watch stuff through YouTube. 

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Sometimes. Once in a while I like to sit back and watch @Rain Dew play. Especially if she's playing RDR2. I have always enjoyed watching her play that. I've played it infinitely  more than she has at this point, but I still like watching her play. Once in a while she enjoys watching me play, but not as much as I enjoy watching her.

Nice. I think RDR2 would be a fun game to watch others play. I've played my share of it, but I do like seeing others experience it sometimes as well. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When I am a novice via a particular game, that's when I'll simply gently sit closer to learn from experts, in order to balance how I'll play the game starting from the basics. 

Yeah there's that too. Sometimes you can use it to learn how to get through a certain level or area. 

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah there's that too. Sometimes you can use it to learn how to get through a certain level or area. 

Correct. Provided their is production of new video games around, learning will always be continuous indeed. I'll continue playing and learning too. 

On 12/13/2021 at 12:05 AM, Razor1911 said:

When I am in no mood of sitting in front of my desktop or PS, I juts watch some online streamers on YouTube. It's really fun to watch people playing and doing funny commentaries at the same time.

I watch RDR2 videos on YouTube about as much as I play the actual game myself. I find it equally as enjoyable to do both.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:05 AM, Razor1911 said:

When I am in no mood of sitting in front of my desktop or PS, I juts watch some online streamers on YouTube. It's really fun to watch people playing and doing funny commentaries at the same time.

Same here, I also check out Twitch from time to time. Do you ever check out any Twitch streams? 

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I watch RDR2 videos on YouTube about as much as I play the actual game myself. I find it equally as enjoyable to do both.

A while back I was watching a lot of RDR2 vids on YouTube. Not sure why. I wasn't even playing it at the time, but it did kinda interest me in playing the game again, and I haven't played it in quite some time now. I might have to change that soon. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

There is actually nothing wrong in doing that in my opinion as long as you have the time. Sometimes, I do find it very relaxing to watch another play. 

Even I also watched many of the YouTube streamers who have funny commentaries. It is exciting to see how other people are playing the same game with different perspective. It really gives satisfaction to me. 😊