Register Now
Kane99

How many gaming headsets have you gone through?

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Im just glad that everything uses the same type of headphone jack for headsets. Makes getting headsets easier as pretty much any 3.5mm headsets should work. 

The flexibility of these headset is what really makes them so cool because you don't have to worry about compatibility at all. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, that's one good thing about headsets. They are compatible with PC and any other consoles be it Xbox or Playstation. 

One thing that I love so much about gaming on PC is being able to mod the games to my taste. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

One thing that I love so much about gaming on PC is being able to mod the games to my taste. 

I don't really think that modding games have anything to do with the gaming headset. It doesn't affect its usage in any way whatsoever. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

I don't really think that modding games have anything to do with the gaming headset. It doesn't affect its usage in any way whatsoever. 

I never said that they have something related to each other did I because I don't know where you are driving at. 

On 1/30/2022 at 7:19 AM, Boblee said:

The flexibility of these headset is what really makes them so cool because you don't have to worry about compatibility at all. 

There are still some headsets made just for consoles, but if they have the correct jack, it should work on any device that supports it. But yeah, you can find cheaper 3.5 mm headsets at most stores. You can even use those tech support caller headsets as a headset. Works just as good and maybe even has better voice quality. 

Just now, Kane99 said:

There are still some headsets made just for consoles, but if they have the correct jack, it should work on any device that supports it. But yeah, you can find cheaper 3.5 mm headsets at most stores. You can even use those tech support caller headsets as a headset. Works just as good and maybe even has better voice quality. 

Yeah, that's very correct. There is always a way to getting the headset to work perfectly for your console unlike what you get with trying to use PS controller on Xbox console. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, that's very correct. There is always a way to getting the headset to work perfectly for your console unlike what you get with trying to use PS controller on Xbox console. 

You can never use another console controller in a cross gaming platform. I have never seen it done anywhere unless there is a possibility of bypassing it. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

You can never use another console controller in a cross gaming platform. I have never seen it done anywhere unless there is a possibility of bypassing it. 

I actually read that CronusMAX PLUS adapter can be used to convert Playstation console controller to work on Xbox. I have never tried it.. 

28 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

None actually, never used a headset so far and mostlikely never will

Not interested in chatting online? I get that. I rarely use my headset when I play online. Well mostly when I game alone. I'll sometimes game with a few friends, and that's the only time I use a mic in game. 

I like to use headsets as you can also hear the game, so I sometimes just use my headset to hear the game audio more up close and personal.  

1 minute ago, Kane99 said:

Not interested in chatting online? I get that. I rarely use my headset when I play online. Well mostly when I game alone. I'll sometimes game with a few friends, and that's the only time I use a mic in game. 

I like to use headsets as you can also hear the game, so I sometimes just use my headset to hear the game audio more up close and personal.  

Yeah i never really play games online, so i don't see the need to get a headset. 

4 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

None actually, never used a headset so far and mostlikely never will

I could have been like that but I really love and enjoy hearing every details in the game and it's why the headset always comes into play for me.