Register Now
Kane99

The games you could get from food promotions

The only full game promotion I can think of was when Pizza Hut attached Playstation One games to certain pizza deals back in the late 90s. My dad bought a pizza he didn't really fancy just so I could get the game, and I don't like pizza, so it was nice to come back with several complete games in cheap jewel cases.

Other than that, most recently I've eaten Super Noodles for Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War in-game stuff that I never used, but the double XP was appreciated.

Edited by Withywarlock

4 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

The only full game promotion I can think of was when Pizza Hut attached Playstation One games to certain pizza deals back in the late 90s. My dad bought a pizza he didn't really fancy just so I could get the game, and I don't like pizza, so it was nice to come back with several complete games in cheap jewel cases.

Other than that, most recently I've eaten Super Noodles for Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War in-game stuff that I never used, but the double XP was appreciated.

At least the games were worth the pizza 🍕 buys. I do enjoy eating pizza, unless it's not made with grilled chicken and cheese, then I'm not interested. 

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Lol, I simply hope EA will come here and see what users are talking about them and try to act according to what gamers desire even if it's completing their 60% wants. 

I believe that they know that more than you know because they have their public relations teams getting them feedbacks on gamers opinion their games. 

19 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Lol, I simply hope EA will come here and see what users are talking about them and try to act according to what gamers desire even if it's completing their 60% wants. 

There is a possibility that they have their spies on all gaming forums because they know very well it's a good place to get gamers feedbacks on their games. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is a possibility that they have their spies on all gaming forums because they know very well it's a good place to get gamers feedbacks on their games. 

I am believing, they got spies and they can simply send them to some popular forums to spygate and see what gamers are saying about them. But si de they are getting all this feedback, they ought to improve. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I am believing, they got spies and they can simply send them to some popular forums to spygate and see what gamers are saying about them. But si de they are getting all this feedback, they ought to improve. 

This is sounding like a conspiracy theory but there is a truth in it in way that does not look good for gamers but what can we do? 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is sounding like a conspiracy theory but there is a truth in it in way that does not look good for gamers but what can we do? 

It's looking like one thou, sending spies to gaming forums just to easedrop isn't an encouraging one. After learning about the discussion here and there they still don't improve on their video games. 

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's looking like one thou, sending spies to gaming forums just to easedrop isn't an encouraging one. After learning about the discussion here and there they still don't improve on their video games. 

Yeah exactly, that's just the most annoying thing about how EA runs their gaming policies. I'm very sure that they get a lot of feedback on their official pages but they don't do anything about it. 

On 1/29/2022 at 10:21 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Seriously, I don't really think that EA cares about all the negative feedback they have been getting for years, otherwise they would have fixed a lot of things about their games by now. 

On 1/24/2022 at 4:36 AM, Boblee said:

I can tell very well that this would be very fun to do especially if you are able to reach the wining points required. 

You'd think that, but knowing now what it was like, it took so many points to even have a chance of winning anything. The fact that you only got like 1 or 2 points per packet wasn't reassuring either. You needed to drink a ton of kool-aid to get the points you wanted, and I drank a lot as a kid lol. 

On 1/24/2022 at 7:07 AM, Empire said:

As a child I won a treasure chest of games in a Captain Crunch promotion. sent in game piece and received a letter stating that they had mistakenly printed to many winners and was invited to enter the next promotional contest. Received nothing.

Reminds me of the time my dad and I found a winning lifesaver in a car giveaway. We sent it in and they sent us back a copy of Who Wants to be a Millionaire on PC. We idiotically didn't snap any photos of the lifesaver, but I'm pretty sure we had one that showed the actual car, which was needed to win. My dad was pissed. But, thinking back, it probably wasn't bad, because he'd be stuck with a decent tax bill I would imagine. 

3 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

You'd think that, but knowing now what it was like, it took so many points to even have a chance of winning anything. The fact that you only got like 1 or 2 points per packet wasn't reassuring either. You needed to drink a ton of kool-aid to get the points you wanted, and I drank a lot as a kid lol. 

Drinking as a kid was something that I was very familiar with because my father owned a pub and I used to steal a lot of his drinks. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

Dungeon Keeper is one game that EA ended up killing off and making to disappear. Initially developed by Bullfrog Productions and after the 2 series and at the 3rd series, it got messed up and dumped. 

I actually played only the first release of Dungeon Keeper and it was a very made game. It was sad getting to see what EA did to the game afterwards.