Register Now
Kane99

The games you could get from food promotions

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

I actually played only the first release of Dungeon Keeper and it was a very made game. It was sad getting to see what EA did to the game afterwards. 

EA is a gaming company filled with bunch of A-holes that only care about money and that's it. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, it is understandable that EA got a long way to go for sure, even it comes to recapturing it's best moments. The games they made in the past is better off nowadays. 

Seriously, the number of video games series that EA have eliminated as a result of their shitty policies is shocking. 

On 1/27/2022 at 6:48 AM, Withywarlock said:

The only full game promotion I can think of was when Pizza Hut attached Playstation One games to certain pizza deals back in the late 90s. My dad bought a pizza he didn't really fancy just so I could get the game, and I don't like pizza, so it was nice to come back with several complete games in cheap jewel cases.

Other than that, most recently I've eaten Super Noodles for Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War in-game stuff that I never used, but the double XP was appreciated.

I remember PlayStation and Pizza Hut teamed together to give away demo discs. I think I still have the demo in my collection, alone with the cardboard sleeve. I don't remember them giving away actual games though. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I remember PlayStation and Pizza Hut teamed together to give away demo discs. I think I still have the demo in my collection, alone with the cardboard sleeve. I don't remember them giving away actual games though. 

I can't even remember where my own demo disc are at the moment. I had them moved when I got a new apartment but can't seem to find them again. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

I can't even remember where my own demo disc are at the moment. I had them moved when I got a new apartment but can't seem to find them again. 

Even if you get to find it later, are you sure that it's still going to be a good playing condition with all your relocation and packing stuffs around? 

I know off candy bar brand that had ps1 demo disk with rollcage on it (and a buch of other games), you could do one lap and had to take a photo of your time and mail it in to win a copy of the game. Not really interesting but i had a lot of fun with that demo good memories.

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Fast food joints did a lot of demo disc giveaway promotions back in the day. I'm sure taco bell, McDonald's and others released demo discs too. 

Just now, Kane99 said:

Fast food joints did a lot of demo disc giveaway promotions back in the day. I'm sure taco bell, McDonald's and others released demo discs too. 

I have a lot from McDonald's. They were very good when it comes to giving out those perks. 

53 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I have a lot from McDonald's. They were very good when it comes to giving out those perks. 

I wonder, were they mostly PC demos? I feel like console games didn't get dropped much in happy meals sadly. But I could be wrong. 

On 2/2/2022 at 7:48 PM, Kane99 said:

I distinctly remember the demos, so I might well be remembering full games for a non-food based promotion elsewhere or the were a much more limited promotion.

2 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I distinctly remember the demos, so I might well be remembering full games for a non-food based promotion elsewhere or the were a much more limited promotion.

Personally, I really think that it's the demos that they are most likely inclined to give in such situations. There is a reason for that right? 

15 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I have a very good reason to believe that most of us gamers were very familiar with the demos because it was almost reoccurring all the time then. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I remember the PC games you'd get in kellogs cereals. I think I got the first Spiderman demo disc from a cereal box. Wish they still did that. 

It's the good things that they used to do would be the first things they ended up stopping now.