Register Now
Kane99

Games should offer more character creation options and not charge us extra for it

Back in the day when character creators rocked, you could be really creative with your designs. Why can't games make a character creator like that of a pro wrestling game? Just look at the amount of wrestling games, they allowed you to make a character anyway you wanted to, and I don't get why other studios can't jump onto that idea. Like, make it so we can make ourselves as we see ourselves. I just want to make a fat, playable character of myself. That's why I wished RDR2 had a character creator that allowed for me to be chunkier, or have so many more options. 

And that brings up another point, you have to pay for customization options in some online games. Not real money necessarily, but you have to work hard in the game just to make enough to buy a few clothing items and such. 

But, lets just talk about single player games that have character creators. Most of them are very limited with what you do. Madden for example, is a game that has some of the weakest character creators. There's no depth to it. But NBA 2K has one of the best character creators around, at least in terms of sports games. At least here you can make your guy fat, skinny, tall, etc. But Madden limits you so much, at least when it comes to franchise. I don't want to touch the story mode as I hear those games have awful story modes lol. 

But yeah, I think you get my point. I just want more customization for characters, mostly in single player games, but I too would love to make myself in an online game, without any limitations of having to buy it with points. Just give us enough to customize our "looks" and you can charge us for the clothing and all that nonsense. 

11 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

These days such characters upgradation has become a new way of robbing money from the gamers. Specially EA games and Ubisoft is taking unnecessary advantage of their monopoly in the AAA gaming industry.

And for the same reason modding is disallowed. They can't sell their crappy skins if modders release items that are 10 times better for free.

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Back in the day when character creators rocked, you could be really creative with your designs. Why can't games make a character creator like that of a pro wrestling game? Just look at the amount of wrestling games, they allowed you to make a character anyway you wanted to, and I don't get why other studios can't jump onto that idea. Like, make it so we can make ourselves as we see ourselves. I just want to make a fat, playable character of myself. That's why I wished RDR2 had a character creator that allowed for me to be chunkier, or have so many more options. 

And that brings up another point, you have to pay for customization options in some online games. Not real money necessarily, but you have to work hard in the game just to make enough to buy a few clothing items and such. 

But, lets just talk about single player games that have character creators. Most of them are very limited with what you do. Madden for example, is a game that has some of the weakest character creators. There's no depth to it. But NBA 2K has one of the best character creators around, at least in terms of sports games. At least here you can make your guy fat, skinny, tall, etc. But Madden limits you so much, at least when it comes to franchise. I don't want to touch the story mode as I hear those games have awful story modes lol. 

But yeah, I think you get my point. I just want more customization for characters, mostly in single player games, but I too would love to make myself in an online game, without any limitations of having to buy it with points. Just give us enough to customize our "looks" and you can charge us for the clothing and all that nonsense. 

I expressed similar opinions many times, and surprisingly there are always some people who push back on it. IDK why. The availability of a character creator would not affect them if they choose to use the default character.

I also hate it when I can't make my character in single player games personalized. And it baffles me that I Have to complete the game to unlock certain outfits. I mean what's the point of an outfit if it is unlocked an hour before the end of the game?

I admit that I bought one of the WWE games just to play around with the character creator in it, I had no intentions to play the actual game.