Register Now
Techno

Android Vs Iphone

14 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

They may cost a bit more, but they're fully customizable, whereas android isn't. I had one and you couldn't even choose a wallpaper on it.

What phone was that?  The actual method wasn't always the same but I have NEVER encountered an android phone or tablet you couldn't change the wallpaper on.  In my experience IOS has always been way more restrictive.  No choice of apps, no free market, no right to repair no nothing!

It was a couple years ago. It was during the iPhone 10 era. So whatever android was out then. I had it for all of 2 weeks before I took it back and got another iPhone like I had had before. I was sick to death of not being able to personalize a god damn thing. Not even the ringtones I had downloaded.

50 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

It was a couple years ago. It was during the iPhone 10 era. So whatever android was out then. I had it for all of 2 weeks before I took it back and got another iPhone like I had had before. I was sick to death of not being able to personalize a god damn thing. Not even the ringtones I had downloaded.

That's can't be right. Every android I've owned has allowed any audio track on stored your device to be selected as a ringtone any image stored to be used as a screen saver or wallpaper provided the format was compatible, and because it's android, almost all of them are. I'm not trying to criticize nor call into question your competence, but is it possible that your android phone could do it, but you being used to iPhones and thier indigenous UI, you couldn't figure out how?

5 hours ago, Shagger said:

That's can't be right. Every android I've owned has allowed any audio track on stored your device to be selected as a ringtone any image stored to be used as a screen saver or wallpaper provided the format was compatible, and because it's android, almost all of them are. I'm not trying to criticize nor call into question your competence, but is it possible that your android phone could do it, but you being used to iPhones and thier indigenous UI, you couldn't figure out how?

That's a possibility, as much as I don't want to admit it. Another could be that I just got a bad phone. But either way, the one that I had was purely a piece of shit.

They both have their own advantages and disadvantages. As someone who has always used Android, I guess that would be the easiest choice for me. However, I am looking to move to iOS at some point in the future just because of Apple Carplay. Android Auto is just a bit too buggy and annoying.

On 12/16/2021 at 1:23 PM, Shagger said:

Or she could've gotten a defective unit as well. To be fair, some Android phones especially the generic Chinese brands are a nightmare to use and they hardly ever function as intended.

On 12/16/2021 at 6:29 PM, The Blackangel said:

That's a possibility, as much as I don't want to admit it. Another could be that I just got a bad phone. But either way, the one that I had was purely a piece of shit.

Can you remember where you got it and what brand the phone was?

On 12/26/2021 at 1:25 PM, Darth said:

They both have their own advantages and disadvantages. As someone who has always used Android, I guess that would be the easiest choice for me. However, I am looking to move to iOS at some point in the future just because of Apple Carplay. Android Auto is just a bit too buggy and annoying.

To be fair, I think Android are planning to get rid of Android Auto in the near future.