Jump to content
Register Now
Kane99

Did you ever tally your win-loss record against people?

Recommended Posts

A kid I went to high school with, used to play COD games a lot, he still does in fact, and during the COD years on the 360, I remember him often tallying his win-loss record when he did 1V1 games. Had a record for that, as well as quick scope matches. He would often be challenged by people and would face them. Anyway, the topic isn't about him, it's about if you tally your online career at all. Do you count the amount of wins and losses you have? Or do you just not care enough to do that? I don't care enough to mark down that stuff. But I know some people think it's special. 

Most online games will give you these details anyway. But, would you still tally your win/losses? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 3:56 PM, Kane99 said:

A kid I went to high school with, used to play COD games a lot, he still does in fact, and during the COD years on the 360, I remember him often tallying his win-loss record when he did 1V1 games. Had a record for that, as well as quick scope matches. He would often be challenged by people and would face them. Anyway, the topic isn't about him, it's about if you tally your online career at all. Do you count the amount of wins and losses you have? Or do you just not care enough to do that? I don't care enough to mark down that stuff. But I know some people think it's special. 

Most online games will give you these details anyway. But, would you still tally your win/losses? 

That is something that never crossed my mind of doing. I'm not sure why though considering I use do that with basketball games as a kid. I would care enough as a kid. 
Today I would not care about all at doing that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2022 at 8:04 PM, Altair said:

That is something that never crossed my mind of doing. I'm not sure why though considering I use do that with basketball games as a kid. I would care enough as a kid. 
Today I would not care about all at doing that.

 I do this when I play Top Eleven with some top rivals in the game. There is a competition that is set aside where you get to see who and who that has won against you in the game too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't sit to calculate that, it's around a year now I stopped gambling in any sort of gambling site. So, I have forgotten my track record, how many lost and how many times I became successful betting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 3:56 PM, Kane99 said:

A kid I went to high school with, used to play COD games a lot, he still does in fact, and during the COD years on the 360, I remember him often tallying his win-loss record when he did 1V1 games. Had a record for that, as well as quick scope matches. He would often be challenged by people and would face them. Anyway, the topic isn't about him, it's about if you tally your online career at all. Do you count the amount of wins and losses you have? Or do you just not care enough to do that? I don't care enough to mark down that stuff. But I know some people think it's special. 

Most online games will give you these details anyway. But, would you still tally your win/losses? 

Well virtually every competitive game these days has an internal leaderboard that manually tracks your stats for you in the game itself, so you don't need to write stuff down.

 

I manually kept a tally on a game that I was playing a while back where I collected two world records at the time, so I needed a very accurate count. But leaderboards are on every game these days; even Pac Man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Well virtually every competitive game these days has an internal leaderboard that manually tracks your stats for you in the game itself, so you don't need to write stuff down.

 

I manually kept a tally on a game that I was playing a while back where I collected two world records at the time, so I needed a very accurate count. But leaderboards are on every game these days; even Pac Man.

True, but I never found them super trustworthy because of how people have hacked leaderboards in the past. Every COD I played resulted in hacked leaderboards with people that I don't think belonged. And even these days I can see some games having hacked leaderboards. So in some way I think it would be a good idea to keep stats yourself just in case they have some graphical glitch that cuts out your total or something. With tech you never know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

True, but I never found them super trustworthy because of how people have hacked leaderboards in the past. Every COD I played resulted in hacked leaderboards with people that I don't think belonged. And even these days I can see some games having hacked leaderboards. So in some way I think it would be a good idea to keep stats yourself just in case they have some graphical glitch that cuts out your total or something. With tech you never know. 

So the methods for cheating and exploiting a video game are endless, like I said in another topic, but they are not un-beatable by any stretch of the imagination. This may sound extreme: But arrests just need to be made. If people are going into a tournament involving thousands or millions of dollars -- heck, even over something like $500 dollars in some jurisdictions is considered grand theft -- and rigging the tournament; that's actually pre-meditated wire fraud which could also involve some conspiracy crimes if 2 or more people are involved.

 

The idea of leaderboards not being accurate is more of a myth these days, because developers have tightened up on them, but if you have any questions on any game; you're welcome to ask. Understanding how the leaderboards work can take extensive knowledge of the game, but keep in mind these things:

1) Frauds can be easy to identify, therefore you would just ignore them if they take over something like the top 5; meaning the 6th guy would be the legit number 1 rank. The several top people on the leaderboards (something like top 6) on a game called Geometry Wars had something like 500 quintillion plus points; which is hacking and fake stats. Not sure why grown men want to see their name at the top of a leaderboard holding a phony world record; but to each their own.

2) There's also different gameplay modes. Some may be hacked; others are not. 

3) Many games have All time, weekly, monthly or even daily leaderboards. The smaller leaderboards can be tougher to clutch on a highly competitive title, are generally UNHACKED, and often hold more value if the all time leaderboards are hacked.

4) Stat tracking on a piece of paper outside of the game is unnecessary because the game does it for you, and if you are playing without cheating, the tracking is in fact going to be accurate. If you know of a case where this is not so, you're welcome to bring it to my attention as I'd be interested. But the deal is just because someone else is cheating doesn't mean that stats are registering improperly for legit people. The issue is just that the cheaters stats may outweigh legit people. Sometimes people will spend years cheating and you can still overtake their spot, which is satisfying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

So the methods for cheating and exploiting a video game are endless, like I said in another topic, but they are not un-beatable by any stretch of the imagination. This may sound extreme: But arrests just need to be made. If people are going into a tournament involving thousands or millions of dollars -- heck, even over something like $500 dollars in some jurisdictions is considered grand theft -- and rigging the tournament; that's actually pre-meditated wire fraud which could also involve some conspiracy crimes if 2 or more people are involved.

 

The idea of leaderboards not being accurate is more of a myth these days, because developers have tightened up on them, but if you have any questions on any game; you're welcome to ask. Understanding how the leaderboards work can take extensive knowledge of the game, but keep in mind these things:

1) Frauds can be easy to identify, therefore you would just ignore them if they take over something like the top 5; meaning the 6th guy would be the legit number 1 rank. The several top people on the leaderboards (something like top 6) on a game called Geometry Wars had something like 500 quintillion plus points; which is hacking and fake stats. Not sure why grown men want to see their name at the top of a leaderboard holding a phony world record; but to each their own.

2) There's also different gameplay modes. Some may be hacked; others are not. 

3) Many games have All time, weekly, monthly or even daily leaderboards. The smaller leaderboards can be tougher to clutch on a highly competitive title, are generally UNHACKED, and often hold more value if the all time leaderboards are hacked.

4) Stat tracking on a piece of paper outside of the game is unnecessary because the game does it for you, and if you are playing without cheating, the tracking is in fact going to be accurate. If you know of a case where this is not so, you're welcome to bring it to my attention as I'd be interested. But the deal is just because someone else is cheating doesn't mean that stats are registering improperly for legit people. The issue is just that the cheaters stats may outweigh legit people. Sometimes people will spend years cheating and you can still overtake their spot, which is satisfying.

Oh for sure, if there is a ton of cash involved, it's essentially stealing if you hack and cheat your way to win it. It's also messed up, because that person is also taking that chance away from good players. 

1) Yeah true. I remember with COD leaderboards, you could tell if they were fake, because they'd have their name altered with certain characters not usable in a gamertag, and some would have special effects with the words. 

3)True, I believe I remember some games would reset the stats every few months to a year. I think COD even did that once or twice. Or maybe it was Halo, I don't remember. 

4)Yeah true. I think it would also become a chore to track them. Maybe tracking them all at the end of the day to get an idea of your daily total or something? Plus I kinda like the idea of keeping track of my stats. Maybe not as they happen, but maybe a daily, weekly, or monthly stat sheet. Plus, who knows how long these leaderboards will stay up. Maybe I want to remember my skills from the good old days. 😄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like to win and also love to see teams winning that I like, however I do not care if I loose, end of the day it's just a game too me and winning and losing is fine 🙂 And with that I do not tally up. Not like I would get payments or whatnot from those winnings, if so that would be a full time job hahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder, are there independent stat trackers? Like actual people who tally the stats so you don't have to? Like an actual person tasked with collecting everyone's stats. I know it defeats the purpose of leaderboards, but I could see some people doing this. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...