Register Now
Kane99

Did you ever tally your win-loss record against people?

A kid I went to high school with, used to play COD games a lot, he still does in fact, and during the COD years on the 360, I remember him often tallying his win-loss record when he did 1V1 games. Had a record for that, as well as quick scope matches. He would often be challenged by people and would face them. Anyway, the topic isn't about him, it's about if you tally your online career at all. Do you count the amount of wins and losses you have? Or do you just not care enough to do that? I don't care enough to mark down that stuff. But I know some people think it's special. 

Most online games will give you these details anyway. But, would you still tally your win/losses? 

On 12/13/2021 at 3:56 PM, Kane99 said:

A kid I went to high school with, used to play COD games a lot, he still does in fact, and during the COD years on the 360, I remember him often tallying his win-loss record when he did 1V1 games. Had a record for that, as well as quick scope matches. He would often be challenged by people and would face them. Anyway, the topic isn't about him, it's about if you tally your online career at all. Do you count the amount of wins and losses you have? Or do you just not care enough to do that? I don't care enough to mark down that stuff. But I know some people think it's special. 

Most online games will give you these details anyway. But, would you still tally your win/losses? 

That is something that never crossed my mind of doing. I'm not sure why though considering I use do that with basketball games as a kid. I would care enough as a kid. 
Today I would not care about all at doing that.

On 2/23/2022 at 8:04 PM, Altair said:

That is something that never crossed my mind of doing. I'm not sure why though considering I use do that with basketball games as a kid. I would care enough as a kid. 
Today I would not care about all at doing that.

I do this when I play Top Eleven with some top rivals in the game. There is a competition that is set aside where you get to see who and who that has won against you in the game too.

On 12/13/2021 at 3:56 PM, Kane99 said:

Well virtually every competitive game these days has an internal leaderboard that manually tracks your stats for you in the game itself, so you don't need to write stuff down.

I manually kept a tally on a game that I was playing a while back where I collected two world records at the time, so I needed a very accurate count. But leaderboards are on every game these days; even Pac Man.

2 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Well virtually every competitive game these days has an internal leaderboard that manually tracks your stats for you in the game itself, so you don't need to write stuff down.

I manually kept a tally on a game that I was playing a while back where I collected two world records at the time, so I needed a very accurate count. But leaderboards are on every game these days; even Pac Man.

True, but I never found them super trustworthy because of how people have hacked leaderboards in the past. Every COD I played resulted in hacked leaderboards with people that I don't think belonged. And even these days I can see some games having hacked leaderboards. So in some way I think it would be a good idea to keep stats yourself just in case they have some graphical glitch that cuts out your total or something. With tech you never know. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

True, but I never found them super trustworthy because of how people have hacked leaderboards in the past. Every COD I played resulted in hacked leaderboards with people that I don't think belonged. And even these days I can see some games having hacked leaderboards. So in some way I think it would be a good idea to keep stats yourself just in case they have some graphical glitch that cuts out your total or something. With tech you never know. 

So the methods for cheating and exploiting a video game are endless, like I said in another topic, but they are not un-beatable by any stretch of the imagination. This may sound extreme: But arrests just need to be made. If people are going into a tournament involving thousands or millions of dollars -- heck, even over something like $500 dollars in some jurisdictions is considered grand theft -- and rigging the tournament; that's actually pre-meditated wire fraud which could also involve some conspiracy crimes if 2 or more people are involved.

The idea of leaderboards not being accurate is more of a myth these days, because developers have tightened up on them, but if you have any questions on any game; you're welcome to ask. Understanding how the leaderboards work can take extensive knowledge of the game, but keep in mind these things:

1) Frauds can be easy to identify, therefore you would just ignore them if they take over something like the top 5; meaning the 6th guy would be the legit number 1 rank. The several top people on the leaderboards (something like top 6) on a game called Geometry Wars had something like 500 quintillion plus points; which is hacking and fake stats. Not sure why grown men want to see their name at the top of a leaderboard holding a phony world record; but to each their own.

2) There's also different gameplay modes. Some may be hacked; others are not. 

3) Many games have All time, weekly, monthly or even daily leaderboards. The smaller leaderboards can be tougher to clutch on a highly competitive title, are generally UNHACKED, and often hold more value if the all time leaderboards are hacked.

4) Stat tracking on a piece of paper outside of the game is unnecessary because the game does it for you, and if you are playing without cheating, the tracking is in fact going to be accurate. If you know of a case where this is not so, you're welcome to bring it to my attention as I'd be interested. But the deal is just because someone else is cheating doesn't mean that stats are registering improperly for legit people. The issue is just that the cheaters stats may outweigh legit people. Sometimes people will spend years cheating and you can still overtake their spot, which is satisfying.

59 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

So the methods for cheating and exploiting a video game are endless, like I said in another topic, but they are not un-beatable by any stretch of the imagination. This may sound extreme: But arrests just need to be made. If people are going into a tournament involving thousands or millions of dollars -- heck, even over something like $500 dollars in some jurisdictions is considered grand theft -- and rigging the tournament; that's actually pre-meditated wire fraud which could also involve some conspiracy crimes if 2 or more people are involved.

The idea of leaderboards not being accurate is more of a myth these days, because developers have tightened up on them, but if you have any questions on any game; you're welcome to ask. Understanding how the leaderboards work can take extensive knowledge of the game, but keep in mind these things:

1) Frauds can be easy to identify, therefore you would just ignore them if they take over something like the top 5; meaning the 6th guy would be the legit number 1 rank. The several top people on the leaderboards (something like top 6) on a game called Geometry Wars had something like 500 quintillion plus points; which is hacking and fake stats. Not sure why grown men want to see their name at the top of a leaderboard holding a phony world record; but to each their own.

2) There's also different gameplay modes. Some may be hacked; others are not. 

3) Many games have All time, weekly, monthly or even daily leaderboards. The smaller leaderboards can be tougher to clutch on a highly competitive title, are generally UNHACKED, and often hold more value if the all time leaderboards are hacked.

4) Stat tracking on a piece of paper outside of the game is unnecessary because the game does it for you, and if you are playing without cheating, the tracking is in fact going to be accurate. If you know of a case where this is not so, you're welcome to bring it to my attention as I'd be interested. But the deal is just because someone else is cheating doesn't mean that stats are registering improperly for legit people. The issue is just that the cheaters stats may outweigh legit people. Sometimes people will spend years cheating and you can still overtake their spot, which is satisfying.

Oh for sure, if there is a ton of cash involved, it's essentially stealing if you hack and cheat your way to win it. It's also messed up, because that person is also taking that chance away from good players. 

1) Yeah true. I remember with COD leaderboards, you could tell if they were fake, because they'd have their name altered with certain characters not usable in a gamertag, and some would have special effects with the words. 

3)True, I believe I remember some games would reset the stats every few months to a year. I think COD even did that once or twice. Or maybe it was Halo, I don't remember. 

4)Yeah true. I think it would also become a chore to track them. Maybe tracking them all at the end of the day to get an idea of your daily total or something? Plus I kinda like the idea of keeping track of my stats. Maybe not as they happen, but maybe a daily, weekly, or monthly stat sheet. Plus, who knows how long these leaderboards will stay up. Maybe I want to remember my skills from the good old days. 😄 

I like to win and also love to see teams winning that I like, however I do not care if I loose, end of the day it's just a game too me and winning and losing is fine 🙂 And with that I do not tally up. Not like I would get payments or whatnot from those winnings, if so that would be a full time job hahaha

I wonder, are there independent stat trackers? Like actual people who tally the stats so you don't have to? Like an actual person tasked with collecting everyone's stats. I know it defeats the purpose of leaderboards, but I could see some people doing this. 

On 8/4/2022 at 11:22 AM, Kane99 said:

Oh for sure, if there is a ton of cash involved, it's essentially stealing if you hack and cheat your way to win it. It's also messed up, because that person is also taking that chance away from good players. 

1) Yeah true. I remember with COD leaderboards, you could tell if they were fake, because they'd have their name altered with certain characters not usable in a gamertag, and some would have special effects with the words. 

3)True, I believe I remember some games would reset the stats every few months to a year. I think COD even did that once or twice. Or maybe it was Halo, I don't remember. 

4)Yeah true. I think it would also become a chore to track them. Maybe tracking them all at the end of the day to get an idea of your daily total or something? Plus I kinda like the idea of keeping track of my stats. Maybe not as they happen, but maybe a daily, weekly, or monthly stat sheet. Plus, who knows how long these leaderboards will stay up. Maybe I want to remember my skills from the good old days. 😄 

Not sure if I already said this but I was playing Geometry Wars 1 the other day and the #1 Rank in the World had like 500 quintillion points; which is simply impossible without cheating.

Leaderboards like some of the old Gears of War games are easy. If someone has 800 BILLION POINTS -- and many of them do -- with something like 10 kills or even a measly 10,000 kills -- they are mathematically proven frauds because I understand how the math works. You physically cannot get 800 billion points with 10 thousand kills on a game where the legitimate top players have like 250 thousand kills (legit) in ranked and don't even come within light years of a single billion points.

On Gears 2:

1) You get 175 points for a "gib" or a kill where you get the kill on your opponent without:

a) Knocking them down.

b) Or Without anyone hitting them with a single bullet, melee or doing any sort of damage.

2) You can get assist points which have a cap per kill. Meaning you can hit someone with alot of damage, then your team mate can get the kill, but you will still get some points. It's been a while, but the highest amount of assist points (per somebody elses kill) is something like 105 points or so.

3) You get like 10 points for stealing somebodies kill if the person you killed is knocked down.

4) You get 50 points for a revive on a team mater.

5) You get 50 points for a knockdown and if nobody else touched the person you knocked down with any form of damage and you get the kill, you will get an additional 110 points.

6) I think you got 100 points for surviving a round as the leader in Guardian/Ranked; which was extremely hard with random people.

So people with a gazillion points will get something like 10 thousand points, which is actually peanuts, just to cover their tracks making it seem like they got some extraordinary amount of kills, but they didn't. All you do is go through the entire top 100 on and look at their knockdowns, revives, and kills then you can see in seconds if they are a fraud or not then just move on to next person. It's staggeringly easy to filter out the frauds online, although cheating has involved. I also stinged the fake players on gears and asked how they got so many points and they said they just hacked the point count to give them something like 500 million points per kill instead of 175 points. Very clear and obvious fraud. Some of the dudes won't admit their frauds and will argue for the rest of their lives that they placed top 10 all time on a top video gaming title for years arguing that they were a fantastic team mate that built up their stats on mostly assist points. All lies, and I've seen these people -- even after being perpetually caught on video cheating -- still pass it off as if they are real. On that Karl Jobst guys youtube channel you can see people who were VERY CLEARLY caught cheating without a doubt, and they still try to weasel their way back into the competitive scene with certain language basically gas lighting people (trying to play head games), lying, or saying what you saw wasn't real or wasn't them, blah blah.

Pretty simple: Nobody in the history of the entire Gears of War franchise from Gears of War 1 to 5 has ever became a #1 rank in the world or a top player by building up their stats with 800 billions assist points. They hack the point count and its that simple.