Register Now
Kane99

Did you ever tally your win-loss record against people?

On 8/6/2022 at 10:22 AM, Kane99 said:

I wonder, are there independent stat trackers? Like actual people who tally the stats so you don't have to? Like an actual person tasked with collecting everyone's stats. I know it defeats the purpose of leaderboards, but I could see some people doing this. 

There are leaderboards outside of the online leaderboards yes, and with that said, there are all types of the leaderboards. But the most accurate are the actual IN-GAME leaderboards, believe it or not, and regardless of the frauds you may encounter.

One of the things developers do these days with online leaderboards (go look at it yourself) is they automatically upload the videos of the world record holders or #1 ranks in the world; good examples being some recent Pac-Man releases, as well as Mega Man 11. If you go into the leaderboards on Mega Man 11, you can watch the mandatory recorded footage of the #1 Rank in the World doing a boss run or something.

I think most of the top players on the original Pac-Man (such as PS4 version) who are in top 5 basically just duplicated the old arcade world records where you get the same amount of points you did back in the day, and there's a cap on it because the game was not meant to be beaten. Pac-Man actually breaks down and one side of the screen actually turns into coding stuff as you approach; I wouldn't call it the "end" of the game -- but the limits on the game perhaps even the developers did not anticipate.

I played loads of rounds of games during my childhood, so I couldn't keep track of my win percentage nor loss percentage with people I've played with. Currently, I would easily keep in track of that because I don't play much games nowadays. But, I don't play games with people nowadays, I play mostly alone on my mobile phone and PS4. 

On 8/14/2022 at 12:14 AM, Justin11 said:

I played loads of rounds of games during my childhood, so I couldn't keep track of my win percentage nor loss percentage with people I've played with. Currently, I would easily keep in track of that because I don't play much games nowadays. But, I don't play games with people nowadays, I play mostly alone on my mobile phone and PS4. 

Lol, winning was very important to me as a child and that gave me a lot of bragging right amongst my friends.

We usually ranked our level in the clique by how many times you've won in games like FIFA and street fighter , Mortal Kombat and the likes.

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

Lol, winning was very important to me as a child and that gave me a lot of bragging right amongst my friends.

We usually ranked our level in the clique by how many times you've won in games like FIFA and street fighter , Mortal Kombat and the likes.

Face to face battles in those games you mentioned gives anyone bragging rights amongst my peers. When I'm winning my friends I call myself the best at that moment, and I was cool playing motorcycle games and PES in the past, I can say I was one of the best via those two genres of game. 

On 8/12/2022 at 8:54 PM, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

One of the things developers do these days with online leaderboards (go look at it yourself) is they automatically upload the videos of the world record holders or #1 ranks in the world; good examples being some recent Pac-Man releases, as well as Mega Man 11. If you go into the leaderboards on Mega Man 11, you can watch the mandatory recorded footage of the #1 Rank in the World doing a boss run or something.

I think most of the top players on the original Pac-Man (such as PS4 version) who are in top 5 basically just duplicated the old arcade world records where you get the same amount of points you did back in the day, and there's a cap on it because the game was not meant to be beaten. Pac-Man actually breaks down and one side of the screen actually turns into coding stuff as you approach; I wouldn't call it the "end" of the game -- but the limits on the game perhaps even the developers did not anticipate.

Oh cool, I didn't know that they also paired it with video proof. That's actually pretty cool, because it also helps with proving to those leaderboard sites out there. I know there is one for arcade games/cabinets, but I didn't know they also included modern consoles this way. I hope they do this for all consoles and games going forward, that would make things so much easier to prove your stats. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh cool, I didn't know that they also paired it with video proof. That's actually pretty cool, because it also helps with proving to those leaderboard sites out there. I know there is one for arcade games/cabinets, but I didn't know they also included modern consoles this way. I hope they do this for all consoles and games going forward, that would make things so much easier to prove your stats. 

Yeah this is a feature that is increasingly becoming quite normal on console based games. You can't delete the mandatory footage on something like Mega Man 11 if you are the world record holder for boss runs, for example -- at least as far as I understand. But Mortal Kombat 11 allows anyone (that'd include top players) to delete mandatory saved matches, and you can kind of determine whether or not they are real with some tricks (video being one of them).

I've said this in other topics: Usually the online top 100 (generally for the best console for said game) is going to have it's bracket filled with the exact same people that compete at the highest levels in paid tournaments. There's alot of people in the fighting game community that I do not like or respect; it's nothing personal... I'm a competitor myself, so all that I will say is that in that context I simply avoid becoming fans of other people in the same field because I think it's a weird thing to do. But the 2nd place person this year at EVO (World's largest fighting game tournament) for Mortal Kombat 11 was a dude called "Rewind", and the winner was actually a no-namer who won the entire thing as a relatively unknown. I don't like Rewind (nothing personal), and I don't know anything about the other dude. But Rewind is like top 10 on the mk11 leaderboard online. The guy that won last years EVO was the #1 rank online and swept everybody kind of ridiculously.

The thing that makes me skeptical about these alleged tournaments is how it's always the same people winning them. In fact there are two identical twins fighting each other in the below video (EVO Top 8/2022/MK11)! Very strange, and to me that's a red flag:

Mortal Kombat 11: EVO 2022 - Full Tournament! [TOP8 + Finals] (ft. SonicFox, Foxy, Nicolas etc) - YouTube

3 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Yeah this is a feature that is increasingly becoming quite normal on console based games. You can't delete the mandatory footage on something like Mega Man 11 if you are the world record holder for boss runs, for example -- at least as far as I understand. But Mortal Kombat 11 allows anyone (that'd include top players) to delete mandatory saved matches, and you can kind of determine whether or not they are real with some tricks (video being one of them).

I've said this in other topics: Usually the online top 100 (generally for the best console for said game) is going to have it's bracket filled with the exact same people that compete at the highest levels in paid tournaments. There's alot of people in the fighting game community that I do not like or respect; it's nothing personal... I'm a competitor myself, so all that I will say is that in that context I simply avoid becoming fans of other people in the same field because I think it's a weird thing to do. But the 2nd place person this year at EVO (World's largest fighting game tournament) for Mortal Kombat 11 was a dude called "Rewind", and the winner was actually a no-namer who won the entire thing as a relatively unknown. I don't like Rewind (nothing personal), and I don't know anything about the other dude. But Rewind is like top 10 on the mk11 leaderboard online. The guy that won last years EVO was the #1 rank online and swept everybody kind of ridiculously.

The thing that makes me skeptical about these alleged tournaments is how it's always the same people winning them. In fact there are two identical twins fighting each other in the below video (EVO Top 8/2022/MK11)! Very strange, and to me that's a red flag:

Mortal Kombat 11: EVO 2022 - Full Tournament! [TOP8 + Finals] (ft. SonicFox, Foxy, Nicolas etc) - YouTube

At 2:23:28, the Rewind guy basically has the match won but does something I probably wouldn't even have done when drunk and loses the round against the other dude who I've played online several times. Robocop dude does the same spamming for years and has thankfully never won an entire EVO. At about 2:23:45 Rewind then does a very strange thing which is Back+1 and tries to randomly chain it into Liu Kang's command grab.

I barely play this game and I'm pretty good at it and I used to say I was like 2 weeks away from the other Liu Kang players in terms of skill, but I'm thinking more like a week after watching some of this.

23 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Face to face battles in those games you mentioned gives anyone bragging rights amongst my peers. When I'm winning my friends I call myself the best at that moment, and I was cool playing motorcycle games and PES in the past, I can say I was one of the best via those two genres of game. 

I wasn't the best in PES then but I was once able to defeat our unbeatable champion in a match winning with a one goal difference - 2 : 1, for days we couldn't stop talking about it it since no one has ever won him in a match before.

The feeling I got then was heavenly and I still haven't forgotten about that day. Lol

20 hours ago, Clasher said:

I wasn't the best in PES then but I was once able to defeat our unbeatable champion in a match winning with a one goal difference - 2 : 1, for days we couldn't stop talking about it it since no one has ever won him in a match before.

The feeling I got then was heavenly and I still haven't forgotten about that day. Lol

Why would you forget it, it comes like you won a trophy in real life playing professional football when the onus is low on your side to make it. When I won someone that thought me how to play PES 7-1, I felt like I'm in cislunar, it was the first time I defeated him in a PES match. 

On 8/17/2022 at 12:02 PM, Justin11 said:

Why would you forget it, it comes like you won a trophy in real life playing professional football when the onus is low on your side to make it. When I won someone that thought me how to play PES 7-1, I felt like I'm in cislunar, it was the first time I defeated him in a PES match. 

That's true man, and you actually understood what I felt winning that dude, I was a lot younger at the time and we were always playing this tournaments and for once I was able to come out victorious.

I actually avoided playing with that guy for a few weeks so he doesn't take back the championship but when we met after that it was a draw match.

25 minutes ago, Clasher said:

That's true man, and you actually understood what I felt winning that dude, I was a lot younger at the time and we were always playing this tournaments and for once I was able to come out victorious.

I actually avoided playing with that guy for a few weeks so he doesn't take back the championship but when we met after that it was a draw match.

That's cool to hear, I knew the moment you won him, enough joy was by your side? You reminded of a dude that didn't manage a single victory from me in over 2-3 years playing PES games, I know this sounds opposite from your experience but that's game for us. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

That's cool to hear, I knew the moment you won him, enough joy was by your side? You reminded of a dude that didn't manage a single victory from me in over 2-3 years playing PES games, I know this sounds opposite from your experience but that's game for us. 

In your case you were the deserving champion but in mine I was only trying hard to break the record of the dude.

I succeeded that one time and afterwards it felt like the curse was broken and every other player started recording wins against him. Lol I literally broke the losers curse😁

Edited by Clasher

13 minutes ago, Clasher said:

In your case you were the deserving champion but in mine I was only trying hard to break the record of the dude.

I succeeded that one time and afterwards it felt like the curse was broken and every other player started recording wins against him. Lol I literally broke the losers curse😁

You're very funny. Which means, the guy's stock dropped down after you won him, that's way too sorry for the guy. Assumed I am the guy, I wouldn't continue after losing to two underdogs, in order to maintain my record. 

On 12/14/2021 at 7:56 AM, Kane99 said:

A kid I went to high school with, used to play COD games a lot, he still does in fact, and during the COD years on the 360, I remember him often tallying his win-loss record when he did 1V1 games. Had a record for that, as well as quick scope matches. He would often be challenged by people and would face them. Anyway, the topic isn't about him, it's about if you tally your online career at all. Do you count the amount of wins and losses you have? Or do you just not care enough to do that? I don't care enough to mark down that stuff. But I know some people think it's special. 

Most online games will give you these details anyway. But, would you still tally your win/losses? 

Oh most def... Growing up playing WoW or Runescape online whenever we would do pvp matches or just catch someone randomly that was no lifing PvP it was extremelyyy common to kill someone and keep track of it and everytime you seen that person youd go "10-2 KID" even though we were all kids.. It was infuriating to be better than someone and die to them do to lag or a mistake or just sheer RNG luck xD. Even more infuriating to experience someone who was better than you at the game to be on the other side of the 2-10 scenario xDDD

Offline playing with friends on games like mortal combat or similar fighting games it was a true disaster waiting to happen / fights do to it. I remember being someone who rarely played the games long term to practice combo's or juggling damage but my little brothers/ friends would spend hours trying to perfect stuff just to troll you with and show their superiority absolutely raging if they lost XDD 

I knew my brothers "were better" than me at the games but I was extremely good at remember the button combinations because memorizing cheat codes were similar for most games back then so it was just something I was good at so I would make sure Id choose a character button combination to similar cheat codes or extremely trolly tactics to use.

Actually I would always act like I was good at the fighting games just to piss them off and would win 2-3 times in a row then quit fighting them just to piss them off XDD I knew if I kept versing them within a few more matches I would surely lose lolololol but I never let them know that .