Register Now
DC

15,000 Member Milestone + Announcing Our Second Moderator!

Hey, everyone!

I have some big announcements to make today. First of all, we just hit another impressive milestone—15,000 members! I want to give a shout out to all of you who have become a part of the VGR family, especially our frequent contributors. Together, you have made this one of the friendliest and most engaging forums around.

Next, I want to welcome @The Blackangel as our second moderator (and thanks again, @Techno, for recommending we get one)! The Blackangel has been with us for more than three years now. During all of that time, I can’t even remember a week where she wasn’t active and involved.

We can always count on The Blackangel for detailed, insightful replies to members’ threads—plus she is one of our classic gaming experts. Moreover, her passion for this forum shines through in everything she does, and I know she is going to bring that enthusiasm to her work as a moderator every day. Congratulations, The Blackangel!

The Blackangel joins @Shagger, who became our first moderator in August 2020. Like The Blackangel, Shagger has specialized in engaging, in-depth discussion. Since becoming a moderator, he has done an incredible job keeping topics organized, quickly defusing potential conflicts, and keeping everything running smoothly for our community. Thank you so much for all of your ongoing hard work, Shagger! I just know you and The Blackangel are going to do amazing things together.

Both our 15,000 member milestone and our second moderator are signs of how much VGR forum has grown over the course of 2021. Thank you all again for the role you have played in making this community the welcoming haven for gamers that it is, and for all you will do to make VGR continue to grow and flourish as we head into 2022.

28 minutes ago, Techno said:

My best bet would be in Summer 2022 to Early Fall 2022 for that, but by 2023 we should have reached it.

I think Fall 2022 is a good timeframe for 20,000 members. I also think by then the forum will have over 200,000 posts, based on how we are currently growing. Very exciting!

3 hours ago, DC said:

Hey, everyone!

I have some big announcements to make today. First of all, we just hit another impressive milestone—15,000 members! I want to give a shout out to all of you who have become a part of the VGR family, especially our frequent contributors. Together, you have made this one of the friendliest and most engaging forums around.

Next, I want to welcome @The Blackangel as our second moderator (and thanks again, @Techno, for recommending we get one)! The Blackangel has been with us for more than three years now. During all of that time, I can’t even remember a week where she wasn’t active and involved.

We can always count on The Blackangel for detailed, insightful replies to members’ threads—plus she is one of our classic gaming experts. Moreover, her passion for this forum shines through in everything she does, and I know she is going to bring that enthusiasm to her work as a moderator every day. Congratulations, The Blackangel!

The Blackangel joins @Shagger, who became our first moderator in August 2020. Like The Blackangel, Shagger has specialized in engaging, in-depth discussion. Since becoming a moderator, he has done an incredible job keeping topics organized, quickly defusing potential conflicts, and keeping everything running smoothly for our community. Thank you so much for all of your ongoing hard work, Shagger! I just know you and The Blackangel are going to do amazing things together.

Both our 15,000 member milestone and our second moderator are signs of how much VGR forum has grown over the course of 2021. Thank you all again for the role you have played in making this community the welcoming haven for gamers that it is, and for all you will do to make VGR continue to grow and flourish as we head into 2022.

I can't say that I'm really surprised by this announcement because it's something that should have been done a long time. Having only @Shaggerdoing it all alone can be too demanding. So adding @The Blackangelto the team is a very good plan.

Well done @DC, congratulations to you @The Blackangel and then happy growth for the community. 

Thanks everyone. I just hope I don't make any major screw ups and do something that's not supposed to be within my scope of privileges as a mod. With the amazing job @Shagger has done over the last year and a half, I know I can go to him anytime I need. Obviously I can also go to @DC too. They have been one hell of a team together, and I'm honored to be able to help them with their duties. But like I said, I just hope I don't make any major screw ups.

Fingers crossed.
🤞

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Thanks everyone. I just hope I don't make any major screw ups and do something that's not supposed to be within my scope of privileges as a mod. With the amazing job @Shagger has done over the last year and a half, I know I can go to him anytime I need. Obviously I can also go to @DC too. They have been one hell of a team together, and I'm honored to be able to help them with their duties. But like I said, I just hope I don't make any major screw ups.

Fingers crossed.
🤞

Don't fret it buddy, I know very well that you are going to fit into the team just fine, so no pressure!! 

Congratulations @The Blackangel.  Under your moderation VGR will soon become a beacon of order.  All denizens will be at the mercy of your will.  Where all those who acquiesced to you will be permitted to survive and flourish and all those who resist will face dire and unspeakable fates!...

...Well, what I mean is congrats and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Edited by Crazycrab