Register Now
Kane99

$25 Red Ring of Death poster commemorates Microsoft’s billion-dollar Xbox screw-up

Xbox-Red-Ring-CROPPED-800x581.jpeg

I guess Xbox can laugh about their mistakes and blunders, as they just announced a new poster featuring the Red Ring of Death, or RROD for those. I suffered my fair share of these Red rings, as I had to send my console in 5 times. Not sure I am into paying $25 for a poster like that. 

The reason they released this, is because they're making a six-part documentary called Power On about the Xbox on its 20 year anniversary. I guess there will be an episode for the RROD itself, so that may be why there's a poster for it. Would you buy this? I don't think so. 

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/12/microsoft-will-sell-you-a-25-poster-to-celebrate-a-major-xbox-hardware-failure/

A bit of a mixed reaction to this on social media it seems. Some people find it funny and cool that a company is making fun of a situation where they lost a lot of money. Others are finding it a bit weird since a lot of gamers were unfairly affected by this. 

For me, I don't mind it. Well, except the absurd price for a poster!

10 hours ago, Empire said:

That's cheap, I mean I would pay that if it's bigger then my home 😛 THen again it looks crap and I would not even bother. If anything deserves to be an NFT this is it.

Nobody would buy it though...NFTs have been rightfully demonized by gamers so that'd probably not be the best medium to sell it.

On 12/15/2021 at 5:17 PM, Darth said:

A bit of a mixed reaction to this on social media it seems. Some people find it funny and cool that a company is making fun of a situation where they lost a lot of money. Others are finding it a bit weird since a lot of gamers were unfairly affected by this. 

For me, I don't mind it. Well, except the absurd price for a poster!

I can see that. Personally I've dealt with 5 rrod issues when I had my 360. It was very annoying when it happened. But I will give MS that they were awesome in giving me a free repair each time. 

And yeah, $25 for a poster is a bit too pricey. It better be printed on some damn good paper. 

On 9/5/2022 at 6:46 AM, Empire said:

That's cheap, I mean I would pay that if it's bigger then my home 😛 THen again it looks crap and I would not even bother. If anything deserves to be an NFT this is it.

Ewww no NFTs. I don't think people care for NFTs all that much, and I doubt they would for this. 

On 9/18/2022 at 6:40 PM, Kane99 said:

And yeah, $25 for a poster is a bit too pricey. It better be printed on some damn good paper. 

I mean, I know the old saying that you should capitalize on your failures but Microsoft charging $25 for this poster is way too much.

On 9/18/2022 at 5:11 PM, Heatman said:

I'm definitely not going to spend a dime on this one because I don't think that it's worth it. Even for $10, I don't think I would buy it. There are good cheaper game's that's going to more entertaining to play. 

After the hours of frustration I got from this happening to me with an Xbox 360, I'm definitely not going to pay $25 for it...

On 9/18/2022 at 11:11 PM, Heatman said:

I'm definitely not going to spend a dime on this one because I don't think that it's worth it. Even for $10, I don't think I would buy it. There are good cheaper game's that's going to more entertaining to play. 

I would rather spend that kind of money in the pub having fun 😂😂. I think it's high time gamers stop buying any trash released by these guys.