Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

AC Valhalla is undergoing 'data restructuring' to decrease game size

The entirety of the game in update 5.10 is being restructured and reinstalled in order to consolidate file sizes to decrease the game size. At 125gb so far on my ps4, that may seem like a good idea, but this could easily be a disaster if the update wasn't done right. I'm kind of scared it could cause corruption or loss of data. And with all included DLC, I can see the game taking up 200+ gb. It takes 8 minutes for the game to load when I start it, and this update is supposed to make it faster. So I can see the good intention, but should I wait? Is this a new thing to be done or is it common?  

Valhalla is getting an update that requires re-downloading the game and promises faster loading times. It's right after the vga which is teasing big announcements. Directstorage was announced for the end of the year and the dev build has been available since summer. Maybe Microsoft are finally ready to unveil it, on the game awards, showing it running in games like hellblade. And maybe ubi are updating Valhalla to also have it.

On 12/15/2021 at 6:36 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

The entirety of the game in update 5.10 is being restructured and reinstalled in order to consolidate file sizes to decrease the game size. At 125gb so far on my ps4, that may seem like a good idea, but this could easily be a disaster if the update wasn't done right. I'm kind of scared it could cause corruption or loss of data. And with all included DLC, I can see the game taking up 200+ gb. It takes 8 minutes for the game to load when I start it, and this update is supposed to make it faster. So I can see the good intention, but should I wait? Is this a new thing to be done or is it common?  

If they don't eventually mess up a big part in the game when doing the data restructuring, then it's going to be a good development. 

The data restructuring is necessary indeed, taking 200+ GB of storage drive is way too much for a game. I know their are others who takes more of the storage compared to what 'A.C Valhalla took. Restructuring it, and reducing it's loading time will make it interesting for it's gamers and not waiting for eight minutes for it to load up. 

23 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The data restructuring is necessary indeed, taking 200+ GB of storage drive is way too much for a game. I know their are others who takes more of the storage compared to what 'A.C Valhalla took. Restructuring it, and reducing it's loading time will make it interesting for it's gamers and not waiting for eight minutes for it to load up. 

The real question is would they not mess it up along the way? If they get it right, then it's going to be very good. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

The real question is would they not mess it up along the way? If they get it right, then it's going to be very good. 

That's exactly what I'm saying too, I guess, compressing the game wouldn't kill it off, because others have happened that way, and their game was worst, they needed to do more, by creating DLCs in order for gamers to correct the error as a result of the upgrade they initiated which didn't end well.