Register Now
Kane99

Will VR headsets get smaller?

Do you think that one day, VR headsets will get smaller? I suspect they will eventually, especially with advancements in tech. But I don't see it happening for quite a while. Anyway, how small do you think VR headsets will get? Could they one day be just glasses or even contact lenses? 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It's possible. Hell it's possible that VR will eventually become some kind of button or whatever that you just stick on the side of your head and you're launched into the game. There's no telling where it will end up.

That'd be something. I could see us getting close to contact lenses that have screens. Not sure how much that'd cost companies, but I think it'd be cool. 

28 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I think at current rate the best we can get is spec size. But in near future who knows there could be lens. or even a simple trigger near ears that could turn on or off to login to metaverse. 

Yeah, or maybe we have ones we wear 24/7. We can even use it on the go. I think that'd be crazy fun! 

24 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

No way, it's gonna get bigger and bigger. They will have an entire gaming chair with a head bubble or possibly even have your bed as a dome. 

Oh, you mean like a seat where you can sit and play in VR? Kinda like the animus? 😄 

On 12/17/2021 at 1:16 AM, Kane99 said:

Yeah, or maybe we have ones we wear 24/7. We can even use it on the go. I think that'd be crazy fun! 

Yes and during initial phase they would lead to lot of accidents too. But as they get mature they can give options for our consciousness to choose where to put priority. Crazy possibilities.