Register Now
Kane99

Do you think most games will go free to play in the future?

On 1/14/2022 at 10:02 AM, Boblee said:

They can't really eliminate the use of microtransactions in their games because they are making serious money from having it in the games no matter how small. 

That's it. It has settled in, it's simply very serious case, and they wouldn't like to lose such income generating feature. That even gives them more than the games can offer. 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

Some of that is already happening, so it's not going to be very surprising when it all comes to end with all multi-player games being free to play, although the microtransactions will always be there. 

I feel like it's mostly for games that have been around a while. I think they do it because activity is dwindling, so they release it free to play. This will entice people to play again and will probably bring in new gamers who didn't want to pay the base price to get into it. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I feel like it's mostly for games that have been around a while. I think they do it because activity is dwindling, so they release it free to play. This will entice people to play again and will probably bring in new gamers who didn't want to pay the base price to get into it. 

Exactly, you're very correct my friend. It's a very good business marketing strategy that would get some gamers to pick interest in the game all over again to play for free. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

There is no other reason for them to make the games free to play that's not to increase the number of players who are getting low on the game. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is no other reason for them to make the games free to play that's not to increase the number of players who are getting low on the game. 

Exactly, everything is about selling the game indirectly from the looks of it. Yeah, it's played for free but it's not really free 100%.

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, everything is about selling the game indirectly from the looks of it. Yeah, it's played for free but it's not really free 100%.

Yeah, they are definitely planned on selling the game's in app purchases and not the game itself. Here comes their microtransactions. 

23 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, they are definitely planned on selling the game's in app purchases and not the game itself. Here comes their microtransactions. 

This is something that's very common with the game Top Eleven Football Manager that I have played for years. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is something that's very common with the game Top Eleven Football Manager that I have played for years. 

I have even forgotten about this your Football Manager game. I'm surprised that you are still playing it. I had plans to grab it but lost interest along the way. 

4 hours ago, Syntax said:

Probably not so much F2P, but more of selling every aspect they can as a DLC or having those lovely season passes for things that should have been inside of the base game. 

Exactly, they will always find a way to make more money off the games irrespective of not actually selling the games itself. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

A lot of games that are available on mobile phones are free, it's only few of them that's being paid for in which the free ones are filled up with ads and microtransactions. 

Can you mention those games at the current basis for PS4 and PS5 that doesn't use the micro-transaction feature? 

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Can you mention those games at the current basis for PS4 and PS5 that doesn't use the micro-transaction feature? 

I never said that there are PS4 and PS5 games that doesn't have microtransactions used in them. In fact, they all have it in one way or another but as for free games on mobile devices, they are used aggressively on it. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

I never said that there are PS4 and PS5 games that doesn't have microtransactions used in them. In fact, they all have it in one way or another but as for free games on mobile devices, they are used aggressively on it. 

Okay, I got your points now. It is viral in advanced console games. Mobile phone games are acquiring the services of micro-transactions just few are free. 

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Are there any games on PlayStation 4 and Playstation 5 that doesn't have any atom of microtransactions used in it?