Register Now
Kane99

Ever try to do random challenges in games?

Have you ever tried to do random challenges in games? Maybe it's something a friend set up, or you have a friend do. Basically, you challenge someone to a game, but create up your own game within the game. Maybe in SMB3 you have to get through a certain level the fastest, go without collecting coins or powerups, etc. Just random challenges friends do with one another. 

You can make it competitive too. I was thinking it'd be fun to be able to set up these fun challenges and see where it takes us. Could be a fun way to stream content too. 

That could be a lot of fun. But a lot of people would have to be able to stream in order to play it with one another. Except @Shagger and @Crazycrab since they're brothers.

But as far as challenges go, I like how RDR2 works. It has a list of challenges for you, as well as stranger missions, and you can also set your own challenges as well. Like trying to get everything of something in your compendium. Such as every plant, or every animal. That's a lot of fun, in my humble opinion. I really like getting all the horses.

I'm actually writing an article on the horses in RDR2. As soon as I get it finished and proofread, I'm going to publish it here, and want a lot of feedback from as many people as possible. But it will be sometime next year (most likely February at the earliest) before it's done and ready.

Edited by The Blackangel

Well, not at all. Closest thing to do "random challenges" for me its when CSGO releases a "pass campaign" where 'useless' missions need to be done in order to get points. Otherwise I don't really lose my time on doing such things.

On 12/16/2021 at 12:22 PM, The Blackangel said:

That could be a lot of fun. But a lot of people would have to be able to stream in order to play it with one another. Except @Shagger and @Crazycrab since they're brothers.

But as far as challenges go, I like how RDR2 works. It has a list of challenges for you, as well as stranger missions, and you can also set your own challenges as well. Like trying to get everything of something in your compendium. Such as every plant, or every animal. That's a lot of fun, in my humble opinion. I really like getting all the horses.

I'm actually writing an article on the horses in RDR2. As soon as I get it finished and proofread, I'm going to publish it here, and want a lot of feedback from as many people as possible. But it will be sometime next year (most likely February at the earliest) before it's done and ready.

Yeah RDR2 is full of options for the gamers. You could do a lot in rdr2. It would be even cooler if they allowed you to make your own maps and cities in game. I think that would add a lot of replayability. 

I think the only city you would need a map in would be Saint Denis. It's massive compared to anything else, so I always have to set a marker to wherever I'm wanting to go and follow the path that's set out for me to follow. But everything else is so damn small you don't need a map. Sure finding some stuff before you've explored the map is a major pain in the ass, but once you've explored and removed the "fog of war" for lack of a better term, then you can find anything easily. And once you acquire fast travel, you can get there lightning fast. That is if you don't want to pay a stage coach or take a train.

I think it's more that engaging games are more likely to inspire people to take on self-imposed challenges. Think about the following scenario. You love a game, but you've already played it and won (maybe even many times), and a typical playthrough is simply too easy on its own. A self-imposed challenge is a way of increasing the difficulty and changing the way you approach the game while still retaining the familiar core that you love.

We had these mini tournaments on PES where a group of my friends come together and play soccer Games.

You just have to pick a team of your choice we make the settings and the system set the fixture anybody that loses is out and the next set  plays and so on until there are only two standing champions to compete for the trophy and whosoever wins that match takes the price.

It was so much fun at the time and since we were so young Winning meant the world to us.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

We had these mini tournaments on PES where a group of my friends come together and play soccer Games.

You just have to pick a team of your choice we make the settings and the system set the fixture anybody that loses is out and the next set  plays and so on until there are only two standing champions to compete for the trophy and whosoever wins that match takes the price.

It was so much fun at the time and since we were so young Winning meant the world to us.

Back then in my time, we call it Konami cup in PES, we choose our respective teams or club, then head over to battle one another randomly via group matches then we head over to robin format. It used to be cool then, that's one of the coolest way to entertain ourselves as kids. 

4 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Back then in my time, we call it Konami cup in PES, we choose our respective teams or club, then head over to battle one another randomly via group matches then we head over to robin format. It used to be cool then, that's one of the coolest way to entertain ourselves as kids. 

We played the Konami cup too, after choosing your team the system randomly shuffles which team would compete against each other.

The prices included more respect and pride among the peer and you would always be allowed to play first with no regards to who was already holding the controller. Lol

6 minutes ago, Clasher said:

We played the Konami cup too, after choosing your team the system randomly shuffles which team would compete against each other.

The prices included more respect and pride among the peer and you would always be allowed to play first with no regards to who was already holding the controller. Lol

That's how it is somewhat, at my end, no one determines who will play first. The system picks opponents when it is your turn, you'll hold the controller with your competitor, when you win two matches you're very sure do make it to the robin format. 

So I have been doing quite a few challenges in my favorite games as of late. I am currently doing a Caterpie only challenge in Crystal version, and I already beat Turok 3 using just melee weapons as well as a bow. I'm in the middle of editing that video, but since I currently am dealing with a cold I can't record my voice over until I start to feel 100% better. (I'm starting to feel a bit better today thankfully.)