Register Now
Kane99

Schools doing national competitions for game design

This is pretty cool. I guess a lot of schools are joining the 2022 Games for Change (G4C) Student Challenge, which tasks students to create their own video games. The purpose of the event is for students to create games about real-world issues impacting their communities. I think more schools should implement something like this, because it gives students a lot more to do, and plus, we could see potential future developers out of this. So A+ to them! 🙂 

You can read more here - https://www.news10.com/news/high-school-students-designing-video-games-for-a-national-competition/

I like it when students are given opportunities like this. If it were up to me, all senior level classes will be programs and college courses and just do away with whatever bull honkey curriculums they currently teach. They should be primed in their senior level to immediately be able to pursue their ambitions as soon as they graduate whether it be jobs, interns, programs in college etc. Nobody should get a diploma and ask- now what do I do...But if they want to include community issues, then let's hope this sort of thing stays in places that promote moral progress. 

32 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I like it when students are given opportunities like this. If it were up to me, all senior level classes will be programs and college courses and just do away with whatever bull honkey curriculums they currently teach. They should be primed in their senior level to immediately be able to pursue their ambitions as soon as they graduate whether it be jobs, interns, programs in college etc. Nobody should get a diploma and ask- now what do I do...But if they want to include community issues, then let's hope this sort of thing stays in places that promote moral progress. 

I wish schools did this when I attended. I always dreamed of going to a class where I could do anything with video games. I was born in the wrong time I guess haha! But seriously, this is cool because it gets a lot of these kids started on game development, and learning the systems to make said games. I wish I had started on stuff like this in high school, because who knows, maybe I'd be a game developer by this point. 

That's really cool actually and a very good competition to encourage kids to get into something that they can create a career out of. It will be interesting to see what type of games the kids create as well and what type of problems in the community they focus on.