Register Now
Kane99

Sony Files A New Trademark For The Order: 1886

Interesting. The Order: 1886 was one of the first launch titles for the PS4. Wow it feels like a long time ago when I heard about that one. I remember it getting mediocre reviews, and was regarded as nothing that special. It did have great graphics and cinematics, but the rest I guess wasn't up to snuff. Anyway, Sony has recently filed a new trademark for the game, which could mean we're getting a new game, or a possible remaster. My bet is it'll be a remastered version with upgraded controls and of course graphics. But, I could be wrong because people hated how short the game was. Maybe it is for a sequel. 

Would you like to see a sequel? or a remaster? 

Source - https://novicegamerguides.com/news/sony-files-a-new-trademark-for-the-order-1886/

Companies file trademarks and patents all the time, it doesn't mean anything is coming from them.  In this case it's likely that Sony re-filed the trademark so they don't loose it.  Don't take this a a sure fire sign that a new entry into the series is coming.

20 hours ago, Techno said:

How do I put this?

The Order was not a terrible game, but it wasn't the best game either. Unless they can suddenly improve the amount of content, gameplay, and world, then a sequel wouldn't be very good.

It was forgettable? Is that a good way to put it? It wasn't bad, but no one really paid much attention to it. I could see them doing a sequel, to fix the mistakes they made with the first game. 

20 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Companies file trademarks and patents all the time, it doesn't mean anything is coming from them.  In this case it's likely that Sony re-filed the trademark so they don't loose it.  Don't take this a a sure fire sign that a new entry into the series is coming.

True, but for a game like this, I could see it resulting in a remaster or a sequel. I'm starting to lean more towards a sequel though, or even an outright reboot.