Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Is it worth it to play any GTA game before GTA5?

5 hours ago, StormyFire said:

I think that Vice City in particular is worth playing even though it is a little aged technologically.

It has a compelling storyline and very creative gameplay.

You're very correct there about how compelling the storyline is very creative in gameplay. I really do enjoyed that very well. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Okay, you already got GTA 5 right? If so, it doesn't matter if you finish it or not when GTA 6 launched you simply make the jump as well. 

Of course yes, most gamers are simply like that. It's not a must to wait for a series to be completely before getting the next one. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Of course yes, most gamers are simply like that. It's not a must to wait for a series to be completely before getting the next one. 

Yes, I am simply that way, provided the funds is there for me. I do play games that feature unlimited levels/seasons, if I continue on that alone I'll get bored at some point. For that reason, I really can't wait more when it's next edition comes out. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas and GTA 4 and the DLCs were all pretty good games in their own right with very good stories and lots of humor.

I picked out Vice City and San Andreas as a must play for me before getting into playing GTA 6. I need a good foundation in the game. 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You can simply start from anywhere it doesn't matter at all. All are simply game, and simply under GTA series. 

Yeah, it's something that I know very well. It doesn't matter but I felt some sort of connection to play them at that point. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You can simply start from anywhere it doesn't matter at all. All are simply game, and simply under GTA series. 

Yeah, it never mattered to me which one I played out first. If it was GTA 6 that's been made that I came into first, I would play it. 

No love for gta 1, london or gta 2? Man i used to love causing havoc with that topdown view back in the day.

Personally i woulden't play gta 3 if you have never played it before, that game has aged pretty badly and a lot of the missions are boring/monotone by today's standard. 

56 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

No love for gta 1, london or gta 2? Man i used to love causing havoc with that topdown view back in the day.

Personally i woulden't play gta 3 if you have never played it before, that game has aged pretty badly and a lot of the missions are boring/monotone by today's standard. 

That's the essence of more editions of the game. But at times if you love going retro, you'll some day go back to playing GTA previous editions.