Register Now
Kane99

A grandma accidentally gets sent 6 Switch consoles, what'd she do with them?

Well she tried to return them, but had trouble. Instead the Target employees decided to gift her the six consoles. They said she could give them away to family as Christmas gifts, or to whoever could use them. Grandma, can I get a switch please? 😄

Read about this news here - https://www.12news.com/article/life/heartwarming/an-arizona-mom-tried-to-return-nintendo-switches-mistakenly-delivered-to-her-now-target-is-gifting-them-back-as-thanks/75-9c355038-8c40-45d1-bfd8-ab849a6f2196

Pretty good that she got to keep them. There was a recent post on Reddit where someone received 10 laptops as well and got to keep them (from Amazon). If I was her, I would be absolutely selling them as soon as possible. But she probably has family members that she can gift them to.

22 hours ago, skyfire said:

That is a nice from the target employees. I hope that she gives away to the kids who need them. 

Same, I'm sure she will. They said to give them to her grandkids and whoever else she wanted to. 

11 hours ago, Darth said:

Pretty good that she got to keep them. There was a recent post on Reddit where someone received 10 laptops as well and got to keep them (from Amazon). If I was her, I would be absolutely selling them as soon as possible. But she probably has family members that she can gift them to.

I'd prefer 10 laptops honestly. Did they ask her to give them away to some lucky people? But yeah, I'd probably sell some, but would also give some away to family and maybe some friends. 

Honestly though, it makes me wonder if these consoles were meant for another order, and some unlucky people missed out on their Christmas gift. Sure hope no one was waiting for one of those switch consoles. I didn't think about that at first. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Same, I'm sure she will. They said to give them to her grandkids and whoever else she wanted to. 

I'd prefer 10 laptops honestly. Did they ask her to give them away to some lucky people? But yeah, I'd probably sell some, but would also give some away to family and maybe some friends.

The Switch might be easier to sell than a laptop, to be fair. Especially during this Christmas period.

I'm not sure they can really tell you what to do with it other than to just keep it really. I guess it is up to the person to do what they want.

Edited by Darth

Do not hear or see that everyday, I think that she would just give them away to people/kids that needs it that are poor or even keeps one or so for her own family. Be cool to sell them all and make money 🙂 but that would not be the right thing at times and would give them away.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

Do not hear or see that everyday, I think that she would just give them away to people/kids that needs it that are poor or even keeps one or so for her own family. Be cool to sell them all and make money 🙂 but that would not be the right thing at times and would give them away.

And to think, these major big box stores could easily afford to lose some of their stock like this. What I think would be cool, is if stores like Wal-mart, took some of their stock and just gave it away during the holidays. I think that'd be a cool gesture by these massive stores. Also, maybe gift your employees with fun gifts, especially if they worked a long time there already. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

And to think, these major big box stores could easily afford to lose some of their stock like this. What I think would be cool, is if stores like Wal-mart, took some of their stock and just gave it away during the holidays. I think that'd be a cool gesture by these massive stores. Also, maybe gift your employees with fun gifts, especially if they worked a long time there already. 

True, but corporate greed would never allow such a thing. Especially with Walmart.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 12/20/2021 at 5:02 PM, Empire said:

I think last few years or so life has been in such way that giving away free does not even feel bad or like being taken advantage of as well.