Register Now
Kane99

Does PlayStation have their own pro controller?

Xbox has had a couple pro style controllers come out, and I know the PS4 and probably PS5 have had some pro controllers released, but I wasn't aware of any Sony made pro controllers. Does Sony make their own pro controllers? Or are we still to wait for them to release their own one of these days?

On 12/18/2021 at 4:49 AM, Crazycrab said:

There have been some licenced 3rd party pro controllers from the likes if Nacon, Razer and maybe others.  To my knowledge Sony haven't made one of their own.

ps4ofpadrev3_pl.png

Nacon Revolution Pro

81HezZXzsgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Razer Raiju Ultimate

Got one from Razer last 9 months and it works great even till today. I recommend anyone looking to buy a pro controller from them.

I would love to see an official Pro controller for the PS5 as well but I guess they want to focus on other things. But as you said Kane, like the Xbox ones, it will probably be expensive so I'm not sure I would even bother getting one if they did release one.

43 minutes ago, Darth said:

I would love to see an official Pro controller for the PS5 as well but I guess they want to focus on other things. But as you said Kane, like the Xbox ones, it will probably be expensive so I'm not sure I would even bother getting one if they did release one.

Yeah it'd be great. But yeah, the prices will be up there for sure, as Sony will want to try and match the quality of what Xbox and others have done. I know companies like PDP, Razer and others make their own pro controllers, but I think the OEM, from the company itself controllers are better and last longer. 

It is much more comfortable and feels better quality in my opinion. I had both DualShock 4 and Xbox controller before I bought a pro controller and I was really unsure about whether it was worth it but I was instantly glad I had. It will always be down to personal preference but that was my experience

On 6/2/2022 at 9:25 AM, Empire said:

It is much more comfortable and feels better quality in my opinion. I had both DualShock 4 and Xbox controller before I bought a pro controller and I was really unsure about whether it was worth it but I was instantly glad I had. It will always be down to personal preference but that was my experience

You mean the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller?

I was actually wondering the same thing, if there were controllers that were custom and could handle hard pressing yet had a bit more spaced out responsive tabs. They are a little too close for my taste and feel too subject to breaking. I feel like they should sell some controllers for like a $50 and make it custom to everyone, so I would be able to check my own response time.

6 hours ago, danielgaryuu said:

I was actually wondering the same thing, if there were controllers that were custom and could handle hard pressing yet had a bit more spaced out responsive tabs. They are a little too close for my taste and feel too subject to breaking. I feel like they should sell some controllers for like a $50 and make it custom to everyone, so I would be able to check my own response time.

There are some pro controllers for PlayStation, but I don't believe they're made by Sony themselves. I think there was rumors about the possibility of a pro controller from them, but I don't think it ever happened, at least not yet. You'd think they would have their own pro controller, but I guess not. 

And yeah I'd love that. I got two of those powerA pro controllers for the Xbox One. I have one of my xbox and one for PC. It allows you to connect some back bumpers, but I don't use them. They might make PS4/PS5 controllers too, but I haven't checked. They're the only controllers that have lasted so long for me. They have great build quality, but have weights in them to make them feel more premium. But I like the weight. 

On 8/15/2022 at 9:57 PM, Kane99 said:

There are some pro controllers for PlayStation, but I don't believe they're made by Sony themselves. I think there was rumors about the possibility of a pro controller from them, but I don't think it ever happened, at least not yet. You'd think they would have their own pro controller, but I guess not. 

And yeah I'd love that. I got two of those powerA pro controllers for the Xbox One. I have one of my xbox and one for PC. It allows you to connect some back bumpers, but I don't use them. They might make PS4/PS5 controllers too, but I haven't checked. They're the only controllers that have lasted so long for me. They have great build quality, but have weights in them to make them feel more premium. But I like the weight. 

The Dual Sense Edge Controller has been manufactured by Sony. There has been no announcement on when it is going to enter the market, but it is a pro controller that will give gamers a lot of control on the Playstation 5 console. 

The Dual Sense Edge has been announced and the release date has been set for January 2023 according to their Playstation Direct page, https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/accessories/accessory/dualsense-edge-wireless-controller.1000033578

It's a whooping $200! That's crazy! I'll stick to my normal standard controller.

Edited by Shortie