Register Now
Kane99

Think Facebook will make their own console?

Do you ever think that Facebook will jump into console making? They have already gotten their own VR headset, have a marketplace for games and apps, have so much other options and then some. SO I could see Facebook attempting to start their own console. Plus, they are doing their VR world thing, so that could tie into a video game if they wanted to. 

But the key problem here, is Facebook. I don't know if anyone would buy a console made by Facebook. Would you? 

I hope to hell not. Zuckerberg has his grubby little paws into almost everything else, so there's no sense in Facebook making a console. We see consoles come and go, but no one can really compete with the big 3. So in my view, it would just be a waste of time on their part, because I only see it being a major flop and the company losing millions if not billions. Not that Zuckerberg would really notice if it was just millions.

It's hard to say. You would think they would be smart enough to not try and get into the console market because I can't see anyone doing a better job that Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. They will probably just stick to VR and the Metaverse.

Nah. And not because there are big companies that can't do it but more because there are much easier alternatives. Google and Amazon have a ton of money but instead of investing billions on a console that will like lose all that money, they'll use technology they already have hence cloud gaming.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:02 PM, The Blackangel said:

I hope to hell not. Zuckerberg has his grubby little paws into almost everything else, so there's no sense in Facebook making a console. We see consoles come and go, but no one can really compete with the big 3. So in my view, it would just be a waste of time on their part, because I only see it being a major flop and the company losing millions if not billions. Not that Zuckerberg would really notice if it was just millions.

I hope not too, but it feels like that may be a route we see. Considering Meta is here, they are probably planning on a lot of different products and services, so gaming could be in the mix. They already have VR and a new VR world coming, so who knows what we'll see with them in the near future. It kinda scares me honestly. 

20 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

It wouldn't matter to me since I don't touch Facebook with a barge pole.

I wouldn't be anywhere near it either if it wasn't for the fact that EVERYTHING is on FB instead of having their own damn website. No one has websites anymore. It's all FB and Twitter. So for a few things that I'm involved with, I have to have a FB account. It's nothing more than a throwaway account, but it allows me access.

I think the reason to go for console is like having enough games and the studios owned and this way they can control the games and the collection. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo is doing that. Just randomly jumping on console market and expecting developers to behave would not work I suppose because if that formula to work in todays time every media company would come up with their own console. It's a big risk, it's like you own game dev studios first then have console and it's sales platform.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:02 PM, The Blackangel said:

My sentiments exactly - I don't want FaceBook or any of those other companies in the gaming space. They'll try to censor everything and I don't want any watered-down PG crap of a game.

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Can you imagine GTA or RDR2 with a PG rating? 98% of the game as we know it would be gone. Pokemon would be a more violent and graphic game than either of them.

Just imagine  hearing "Ah shoot here we go again"

Although, a PG GTA would be fascinating to see, image what they had to do in order to get a rated E10+ GTA. It'd be like Lego City Undercover.

Edited by Techno