Register Now
Kane99

Cheap gaming peripherals that are good?

Do you guys ever bother with the cheap peripherals out there? Third party peripherals is one thing, but the discount crappy, or cheap peripherals is what we're talking about. Like the weird bootleg PS3 controllers you can get on many sites, that are just made of cheap plastic and barely any other material. I rarely buy cheap peripherals unless I know full well the device works. If it's cheap, it has to work, but also not be too cheap to the point it'd break after a few uses. 

I will sometimes buy the PDP controllers, they're pretty decent, but really cheap from what I recall. But, for the most part, it gets the job done for controllers. But, what are some cheaply made peripherals that are actually decent and worth the money? 

Depending on what the item is often determines whether or not I will go for it. With controllers, I always buy from the parent company. For example, my PS4 controllers have to come from Sony. I won't buy knockoff controllers. I've had knockoffs for other systems before, and they never worked right. So not I just spend the extra money and go with the name brand in relation to the system. With headsets, I just go with something decent that works well. If it's a gift, that's fine with me. For example I have a special Zelda edition headset that @Rain Dew bought me a few years ago. It's a great headset. But I've also had knockoffs that served their purpose for a while.

So for me, it all depends on what it is.

A Razer deathadder is a super solid mouse for almost any game and goes on sale often. Aside from that, get a mechanical keyboard (I recommend red switches). - But then that's not bufjet style 😛 

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Level-Up-Gaming-Bundle/dp/B09GV6RNNR/ref=sr_1_3?crid=32I8RU4UDM2H2&keywords=gaming+peripherals+bundle&qid=1640001025&sprefix=gaming+per%2Caps%2C243&sr=8-3

Steel series what can go wrong

18 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Depending on what the item is often determines whether or not I will go for it. With controllers, I always buy from the parent company. For example, my PS4 controllers have to come from Sony. I won't buy knockoff controllers. I've had knockoffs for other systems before, and they never worked right. So not I just spend the extra money and go with the name brand in relation to the system. With headsets, I just go with something decent that works well. If it's a gift, that's fine with me. For example I have a special Zelda edition headset that @Rain Dew bought me a few years ago. It's a great headset. But I've also had knockoffs that served their purpose for a while.

I do agree with you on this strategy of buying some specific hardware from the game's parent company as it would be easier to get them look it if it malfunctions. 

On 12/19/2021 at 12:55 PM, Heatman said:

That they are cheap does not mean that aren't going to be good for use or offer better gaming experience in my opinion. I have had a cheap gaming headset that really served me well more than the expensive one I got. 

Oh of course. Cheap doesn't mean bad. Sometimes it does, but not always. I am mainly asking for cheap peripherals that actually work good. 

On 12/19/2021 at 1:02 PM, The Blackangel said:

With the PS4 controllers I can understand that. With the 360 and Xbox One/Series X/S their third party controllers are a bit better imo. At least with the PDP and PowerA brands of controllers. PDP is more cheap, but PowerA imo, has a good set of third party controllers. 

7 hours ago, Empire said:

A Razer deathadder is a super solid mouse for almost any game and goes on sale often. Aside from that, get a mechanical keyboard (I recommend red switches). - But then that's not bufjet style 😛 

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Level-Up-Gaming-Bundle/dp/B09GV6RNNR/ref=sr_1_3?crid=32I8RU4UDM2H2&keywords=gaming+peripherals+bundle&qid=1640001025&sprefix=gaming+per%2Caps%2C243&sr=8-3

Steel series what can go wrong

Yeah Razer is a brand I'd like to check out. A bit pricey for my taste, but I hear they are fairly decent. And the one you shared is pretty cheap, so I can't complain. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I really don't see any cheaper gaming peripherals around. Things have doubled at this present time online and offline. The only option to get those peripheries cheaper is when I buy fairly use accessories of video games. 

They're around. I haven't noticed any price increased on third party controllers or peripherals yet, but it could happen I'm sure. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

They're around. I haven't noticed any price increased on third party controllers or peripherals yet, but it could happen I'm sure. 

Anything that gets to my local E-commerce stores, prices of accessories topples. They'll simply calculate shipping fees + excessive gains and you'll be paying high, same too with offline gaming stores. 

On 12/20/2021 at 8:16 PM, Kane99 said:

Oh of course. Cheap doesn't mean bad. Sometimes it does, but not always. I am mainly asking for cheap peripherals that actually work good. 

Exactly, it's something that I have been making use of for a long time and I haven't really had bad luck with the ones I have been making use of so far. 

16 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Some PS4 headphones can be gotten somehow at an affordable rate, I can't say cheap. Because, the least I can spend for such headset is $25. 

Yeah headsets have gotten really cheap these days. You can usually get a fairly cheap mic headset for $20-40 or so. The cheaper the worse it gets, but cheap isn't that bad. Owned a gaming headset for like 3 years that still works. The audio for it isn't that bad either and I only paid like $25 for it. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah headsets have gotten really cheap these days. You can usually get a fairly cheap mic headset for $20-40 or so. The cheaper the worse it gets, but cheap isn't that bad. Owned a gaming headset for like 3 years that still works. The audio for it isn't that bad either and I only paid like $25 for it. 

That's fantastic to hear that from you, I also experienced the price being affordable here at my own end. I just hope it stays that way, and stays string too, lasting for longer period of time without damaging so soon.